Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Forest Fire

“wake up already” A slap across the face, made Rada open her eyes momentarily. She shook her head and looked up at a massive figure staring at her. A man, in his late 40s was grinning angrily at her.

“not going to get away now, huh sweets. Well get up” Rada did not move. Infact, she froze.

“I said get up!” he slapped her again, and grabbed her by the shoulders to make her stand. Feeling incredibly weak, she obeyed this, and felt like a marionette, now forced to do everything that her master wished for her.

“That’s better. See sweets, you are a good girl” He grinned. “and a pretty sweets” He purred, sending uncontrollable shivers down Rada’s spine.

“who…who are YOU?” Rada panicked…not realising that she was screaming every word out

He slapped her again, this time harder. This made her fall onto the hard ground once again and tears uncontrollably  rolled down her eyes. She wiped them away angrily, she was not going to see to that she loses to this monster.

“questions sweets are not good. Questions need answering and answering is not good sweets. You know why? Because they breed more questions. Put it nicely sweets, you be a good girl and I make sure you get sold to a nice man who will be good to you” He laughed at his own sense of humour. Just then Rada realised where she had got to. Fiacailos Clan. They were famous in Dwor for catching wondering travellers and selling them for fortunes no greater than a penny. They would catch woman, children , but espeshially they liked young girls. They could get a big sum of money for a girl. A virgin maiden, that if had good looks would make they a considerable sum. For nice men…there was fear in that…tales told by her grandmother of the horrible endings of young beautiful girls ending in the hands of these “nice” men.

She could not let them sell her…she could not. But running was not an option now…not being this weak…

“Come on sweets, I’m sure you can walk…follow me” the monster hissed, signalling Rada to follow him. She followed him without question, at least if she does what he wants then there would be no more slapping. She already had a bruise on her cheek…what if the next time he does not use just his fist but that horrible looking claymore that he has on his back? Not even a grown man would survive this.

“aren’t you pretty sweets? We can sell you within a day I tell you.” He touched her cheak “oh im sorry, didn’t mean to spoil your pretty face” he grinned. He was enjoying this, he was certainly was.

“d..don’t touch me…” she whispered.

“well sweets, we can always agree to something” he stroked her shoulder

“Shivers!”

The monster turned his head annoyingly in the opposite direction, only to see a really old man limp over. His hair was dark grey, mixed with red streaks, that have evidently came from colouring it unsuccessfully.

“damn it” Shivers let go of Rada immediately, and put his hands innocently behind his back.

“so who do we have here?” asked the old man, staring at Rada, intrigued.

“common sweets, state your name” Shivers pocked Rada on the back. She said nothing.

“silent are we?!” the old man hissed angrily, approaching Rada. Rada closed her eyes, expecting a blow, similar to the one that Shivers game her, only half an hour ago. But no blow came. She opened one eye cautiously.

“just call her sweets, like me” Shivers laughed “not like she says much”

“none at all by matter. Truth is dear” the old man faced Rada “I don’t really care about your name” the old man smiled mockingly.

“get her with the rest, the bottom cellar”

“lets go sweets” Shivers grabbed Rada , dragging her to the cellar