Chapter 2

Anika sighed as she finally got up to get ready

Anika sighed as she finally got up to get ready. Her eyes were red. She didn't even know if what she did last night was a mistake or her dream coming true, if only for once.

Within no time, she changed into the blue anarkali suit that Dadi wanted her to wear. Of course they'll want to celebrate. Aakhir Billu Ki Shaadi Hai!

The bell rung and there was incessant knocking on the door. Anika wondered who it could be. She quickly walked out, fully determined to teach the person the importance of being patient but the moment she opened the door, her heart began pounding.

Shivaay Singh Oberoi stood at her doorstep, about an hour before his engagement, his hair a mess and eyes fierce.

"Aap?"

Without bothering to answer, Shivaay pushed the half open doors and got in. Anika quickly stood in front of him, hands across her chest, eyes narrowed. Taking an opportunity, Shivaay turned and locked the doors while Anika stared at him in shock.

"Billuji?" Anika was confused, to say the least.

"Where is Sahil?" Shivaay's question only made Anika's eyes widened in response.

"Uh. I was coming to your place, so Sahil is staying at a friend's place." She tried making an excuse.

"He used to stay alone before going to a boarding school. I thought kids become more responsible and mature." Shivaay's smug look gave Anika the wrong vibes. She knew she was in trouble.

"But I didn't want to leave him alone."

"Anika, I talked to Sahil some time ago. You see, since I have been signed up as his legal guardian with you, I do get to talk to him."

Anika looked away on being caught. "Okay fine. I lied. That's because I wanted a break." She sighed.

"A break from what?" Shivaay asked, hoping against hope that she does give some hint.

"From being your wedding planner." On realising that her words were giving off the wrong meaning (even though it was true) she quickly added, "You Oberois have a big house. Running around is tiring. So... I wanted to give myself some rest before today's party."

Silence was beginning to develop, along with tension. Anika was feeling extremely jittery after the stunt she pulled yesterday.

"You came all the way from your place to ask me why did I lie?" Anika raised her eyebrow.

"Oh! About that." Shivaay smirked, suddenly remembering why he was here. "I wanted to complete some unfinished work."

"This isn't the Oberoi Co-orp, Shiv-" her words were eaten up, literally, by a certain Bagadh Billa, who wasted no time, grabbed her by her waist and placed his lips on hers. Anika's eyes widened but she caved in. She knew that he knew.

Anika did slightly notice Shivaay playing with her hands, her dupatta and then her hair. She didn't know what sort of feeling was overpowering her. Her insides were growing warm. Shivaay knew it was her and he was kissing her! She couldn't even get over the euphoria. Even as thoughts like these processed in her mind, she wasn't really thinking.

After what seemed like an eternity, they pulled away and even then Shivaay didn't let go of her. Suddenly, Anika seemed to have realised something.

"Billuji! It was your engagement today." That being said, she tried pulling away albeit unsuccessful.

"Stop calling me Billuji!" Shivaay groaned.

"That's what you want to talk about? It is your engagement! And we..."

"We what Anika?" Shivaay smirked.

"I can't let you cheat on Tia! You have your engagement in like half an hour."

"Uh. You've got it wrong. I am already engaged." Shivaay replied with a frown.

"And you are still cheating on her! You Bagadh Billa! This is wrong. Let me go you beast." Anika hit his shoulders, tears threatening to spill. Shivaay caught her hands and twisted them behind her back, gently.

"Calm down Anika and stop crying. I can't see tears in your eyes."

When he received no reply from her except her averted gaze, he sighed. Something suddenly struck him and he grinned.

"By the way, you said 'I can't let you cheat on Tia.' so do you want to continue with that. I am perfectly alright with kissing you, even if I am engaged to a certain someone." He grinned. He wanted to see her anger explode.

"Billuji, how can you say such things. Are you mad?" Anika looked at him in shock. Was he such a big cheapda?

"Duh, Anika. I can kiss my fiance. There's nothing about being mad." He gave a bored and isn't-it-obvious expression. As an afterthought, he added huskily, "The only thing I am crazy about, is you." Anika looked at him in shock, trying to process his words. She then scrunched her nose in confusion.

"Shivaay, it's me who you are kissing. Not Tia." Anika said matter-of-factly.

"Hey! You said kissing without hesitation! And wow! You said Shivaay!" Shivaay grinned.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi!" Anika was thinking of some powerful ultimatum when Shivaay cut her words, "Anika, I am kissing my fiance, okay? If you don't believe me, check your hand." Shivaay was trying to contain his amusement.

Anika's eyes widened as she suddenly became aware of the weight on her finger. Why didn't she notice it before? Shivaay had already loosened his grip, so Anika freed her hands and inspected the ring with an open mouth. Her eyes watered again while she gaped like a fish. She would open her mouth to say something and then close it again.

Shivaay was smiling softly all the while, taking in her reactions. It was definitely a moment worth remembering forever.

"Shi- Shivaay." Anika's eyes glistened in the moonlight that entered through the window. The soft smile that grew on her face, made her look even more angelic. Shivaay smiled as he caressed her, his fingers playing with her hair.

"I can't..." She choked on her tears.

Shivaay lovingly cupped her face, smiling at her. "See! I told you, nothing wrong with kissing my fiance. May I?"

"Tadibaaz" she muttered as she stood on her toes, placing her lips on his.

No, you haven't missed out on a chapter. We'll do the finding out part later ;)

Let me know how the update was. I am doubtful if the next update comes as soon as this one did. Some other commitments and my attempt to get my writing spirit back :)

How excited are you for finding out how Shivaay found His Mystery Kissr (unless you haven't read it already, that is :P)

BlackManiacx