Chapter 1

It was almost an hour since the guests had all returned to thei homes after enjoying a lavish Oberoi party

Shivaay sighed aggravatedly as he pulled roughly at his tie. Loosening it, he opened the top buttons of his shirt when Anika walked in. She hadn't said anything, Shivaay just knew she was there. This only added to his irritation. He was to be engaged to be supppsedly married to a woman, he had this huge attraction towards another and then again there was his mystery kisser.

A few minutes after everyone had forgotten about the power cut, Shivaay had cleared his head. The scent the woman had was different from Anika's. She had a vanilla fragrance with a hint of flowers and Anika, citrus, tangy and attractive in a different way.

"Uh... Billuji?" Anika reminded Shivaay of her presence. Shivaay shook his head to clear it and looked at her with raised eyebrows. She still stood at the door, not walking in like she usually did with her air of confidence.

"Why aren't you coming in?" Shivaay voiced out quickly, not thinking.

"Huh?" Anika looked at him weirdly. Not bothering to ask for an explanation, she countinued, "I really need to go. Just that, I wanted to ask you if it's okay if I don't come tomorrow until the ceremony."

"Why?" Shivaay's was an immediate, desperate question. Tomorrow was his and Tia's engagement. Whilst he was trying to see if he and Anika both felt the same way, Anika was running away.

"Sahil is coming home tomorrow from his boarding school. And don't worry, I have looked after all preparations, given all the instructions to the workers. I wanted to spend some time with him and I would definitely come tomorrow evening. For your engagement." She continuously jumped from giving him assurance that the work would be done and giving excuses. Shivaay found that weird. Even then, he did notice the soft way in which she spoke the last sentence.

"Okay, fine." Shivaay gave in. If need arose, he would be ready to cancel the marriage with Tia even after engagement. There was no point in cancelling the marriage and then finding out that Anika isn't going to marry him. That would pain either ways because he already had bought a ring for her with so much of hopes. Trust Shivaay Singh Oberoi to deny his attraction towards a woman and buy an engagement ring for her.

Anika left in a hury, leaving Shivaay on his own to deal with the extreme confusion.

*

Shivaay turned and tossed throughout the night, trying to figure out who it could be and had a sleepless night. While he desperately wanted it to be Anika, it just wasn't her for him. And then again, a part of him knew it was her.

*
The next morning, Shivaay was still occupied with the same thoughts. He joined everyone for breakfast and noticed the gloomy atmosphere.

"What happened Rudra? You look upset!"

"Dekha O! Bhaiya used to understand what was troubling me even before me telling him. And today, even after he knows my problem, he refuses to understand it!" Rudra narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.

Om smiled softly and then straightened himself. "Rudra, Shivaay loves Tia! He has got to marry her!" Om smiled, looking at Shivaay.

"Who said I love her?" Came Shivaay's immediate response. Love and Tia, in the same sentence was impossible. What was the word that Anika used? Hola! Michmichi!

"And you still are getting engaged to her."

"O, the Bhabhi we want, won't give the Bagadh Billa a chance." Rudra glared at Shivaay.

Shivaay immediately turned slightly red. Recently, Rudra had grown very comfortable teasing Shivaay with Anika. He wondered if Rudra teased her too. Would she also blush like him?

"Dekha, he already is sending some reiki to you Rudra! Shivaay and Tia are perfect for each other!" Om smiled tauntingly.

"Why are you guys being so repulsive?" Shivaay was upset. He wasn't excited about getting engaged to Tia and now, according to Rudra Anika would never say yes to him and most importantly, his brothers were against him instead of helping him.

Om sighed. "Okay fine! It is your decision. I am sorry." He smiled. Genuinely this time. "Rudra?"

"O, I am not sorry about what I said."

*

Shivaay was immersed in thoughts. Except his mom, absolutely no one looked excited for his engagement. Rudra had been more excited when he had his exams. Considering he had never been excited for those, his excitement right now was terrifying. Shivaay sighed. He knew how Om, Rudra and Dadi were thinking about this. He doesn't love Tia but he still wants to marry her. The old Shivaay would have justified, 'There is no such thing as love. I don't believe in it. I and Tia understand each other so we are perfect together.' but now, the same Shivaay had an opinion that was miles apart from this. He had fallen for someone. How could he not believe in love?

Shivaay walked into Priyanka's room. His sister smiled when she saw him. Shivaay decided that he would indirectly ask Priyanka if Anika had a 'Dream Guy' or something. Maybe he could change himself a little bit for her. And if his tacts don't work, he'll come clear with Priyanka.

His plans failed the moment he walked into the room. Something about the air was different and when it struck him, he blinked a few times and cleared his head.

So here you go with the next part <3
I would love to know what you think about this. Guesses? All my Sherlock Holmes out there ;)

Why is Anika behaving so.. Weirdly?
Will Shivaay find his mystery kisser before it's too late? ;)

BlackManiacx

P.s. Updated earlier than I was going to because you guys are lovely <3