Prologue

Shivaay sighed as he saw another business associate walking towards him

Shivaay sighed as he saw another business associate walking towards him. For some reason, he couldn't concentrate on making deals today. All he wanted was to be around someone he actually wanted to better his relation with. Anika, his heart would say, Shut Up! his mind would chide.

About another half an hour went by and yet he didn't see Anika.

She is just my wedding planner (a pretty wedding planner), and since it is a pre-wedding cocktail party, she's supposed to be around. Nothing like me being extremely attracted towards her or anything.

He then saw Tia coming to him with a grin and groaned, how he wished something interesting would happen.

And just like that, God blessed Shivaay and the lights disappeared, drowning the room in darkness and momentary silence. Everyone broke into nervous chatter. Shivaay's eyes darted around, trying to see if there were any cameras clicking away.

The Oberoi Mansion has a power cut! Shivaay could already imagine the headlines. He shuddered at the thought.

Suddenly, someone grabbed his arms and turned him around. Shivaay's 'Fhat the Wuck' was drowned as he felt somebody's lips on his. His eyes were wide, trying to recognise who it was but he couldn't. The feeling that took over all his thought processes, he couldn't describe. Any rational mind would pull away but it felt so right, he couldn't stop. His hands went around the lady's waist as he tried pulling her closer. For the first time in life, Shivaay Singh Oberoi didn't care about the frenzy the media could create.

It only felt like seconds when the woman started pulling away. Shivaay wanted to stop her but he was still in a daze. He tugged at her wrist but she was determined to run away. One strong pull and Shivaay had to let go. He frantically tried seeing in the dark, anything that could make him understand who the woman was.

The lights were back and Shivaay ran a hand through his hair. What the hell had just happened? He kissed a random woman? He cursed his brain to stop working at a time like this. He smoothly fingered his lips that still tingled.

Anika hurried in through the main door. "Dadi, I checked the lights. A little problem on the workers' part. I apologise to everyone for the ruckus created."

Shivaay stared at her in shock. His heart had told him it was Anika who kissed him but the one who kissed him seemed to run upstairs or probably to a room below the staircases. His eyes widened and heart pained as the thought that it wasn't Anika crossed his mind.

Shivaay, what the hell are you thinking? You were supposed to think 'It wasn't Tia! How could I cheat on her' but here you are, disappointed because it wasn't Anika.

And just like that, the party was back in flow, everyone forgetting about the power cut except the man who couldn't stop thinking about his mystery kisser.

-
Well, another of my personal favourites from wherever I have written. This story got the best reception and so I would love to know the thoughts of the Wattpad community as well :)

Let me know how excited you are for the story ;)

BlackManiacx