Chapter One

I sat on the corner of my bed with my ear buds blasting. Moonlight lit my room revealing the shadows of all the various objects I had hanging on the walls. Thats what I hated about light, sometimes it made the darkness stand out more. My Dads yells ripped through the walls, I could still hear him even though I was playing my rock songs.I was hoping the screaming of my favorite bands would drown him out. I don't want to hear them yelling at each other again. Hopefully he will not come in here tonight, I don't know if I can get to Tony's house in time. He always bust in the room like the police looking for a criminal.

I used to listen, and wait for their doors to close and the floor boards to creak under his weight. That way I would know to grab all my things and hop out the window to my next door neighbor. Tony knew everything, but his family never heard anything and belived my Dads friendly, family man act. Tony belived me though, He always let me come to his house, so I could be safe. But when Tony's mom caught me in her son's room curled up with him under a blanket, lets just say it didn't end well. All he said was that we had to be sneakier next time, and I eagerly agreed. We've known each other since we were five so I trust him with my life.

BOOM. I heard my parents door slam. He's coming .

"Shit" I mumbled.

I yanked my ear buds out and shoved my Iphone in my pocket. I grabbed my bag with an emergency change of clothes for school in the morning and rushed over to the window. I had one leg over the window sill when I heard a voice that made my body feel like ice.

"Not so fast Sweetheart."

I was quickly yanked back into the room by my pony tail. My black hair was wrapped around his hand as he dragged me across the floor. I gritted my teeth, I was not going to give him the satisfaction of hearing me cry out. That was always a boost to his ego, like when a crowd screams for their favorite players.

My Mom rushed into the room blood flowing free from her nose, with tears in her eyes. Her petite figure must have been easily overpowered by my dads broad, and muscular build as always. My father lifted me up and placed me gently on the bed. Pinning my wrist down so I could not escape. I knew better then to squirm or kick, it would only make things worse for my mom and I. Instead I layed there motionless as my Dad looked down at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes and a smirk on his face.

"My sweet girl, why were you trying to leave this house at such a late hour? And why on earth would you hop out the window? You could get hurt." He said sternly. While staring down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"John do not hurt her please! Just let me walk her to Tony's house, then me and you can talk about this" my Mom said in a calming tone. She had her hands in front of her as if she was walking towards a wild animal.

"BITCH, did anyone tell you to speak?! " My Father roared.

"Get out" He growled.

My mom shrunk back under my Dads cold gaze. She then walked quickly back to her room like a coward. A silent tear rolled down my cheek. She always left .

She always left me alone to deal with this monster of a man. Unlike most men who are abusive, he does not drink or is ever under any type of substance that would cause him to react angry or otherwise. He is always sober. He told me alcohol clouds the mind and he wants to enjoy everything that goes on, have every memory so he can replay it over and over again. He gets high off our wimpers of pain and our begs for him to stop. He loves the feeling of drowning in Power.

I shifted my gaze from the empty doorway to my father who was looking over my body with lust and hunger in his eyes. I glared at him, hoping my gaze held as much venom as my mind does. He slowly moved his toungue over his lips. I am his adopted daughter and I used to see him as my dad but he never felt the same. He wants to break me emotionally and physically. He's only threatened to take my innocence but I fear he may actually do it one day.

"What a shame I would love to ravish you body here and now, but I will have to wait till that Bitch of a woman is gone, Don't want her to get a sudden burst of courage and intervene do we?" he said with a wink.

He made a slow trail of kisses from my cheek to my neck then stopped. His chiseled features seen with only the moonlight.

"Until next time Sweetheart" He whispered in my ear. His stale breath washed over my face, making me want to puke.

I began to shiver uncontrollably with fear, as a smile spread across his face.

He let go of my wrists and exited the room, slamming the door on his way out. I layed numb on my blood red blanket. Wondering why no one, not God not some prince charming would help me. Why am I forced to save myself? I have tried so many times to free myself from this house but there is no escape. I rolled over on my side wrapping my arms around my knees and bringing them close to my chest, holding them tight.

My eyes were watery trying to hold in the tears that wanted to be released in a stream of dispair.

I saw movement in my peripheral vision.

What was that?

Maybe its your guardian Angel finally coming to protect you.

Great now even my own counsious was mocking me. I sighed. I once was told that you are not crazy till you start answering yourself, guess this means Im bruised and bonkers. The whole package what do you know. A small laugh escaped my lips. Then the atmosphere seemed to get colder.

I felt goosebumps rise on my arms, as I started to gain the feeling that someone, or something was watching me. I got into the blankets and covered my head after I grabbed my Iphone and started to play music to soothe my troubled mind.

Its only my eyes playing tricks on me.

I was then pulled into the darkness of my own mind. As I fell into a trouble slumber with a tear stain on my cheek.

A/N: Well thats chapter one. You likey? If not tell me how I can make it better, Please comment and Vote and Thanks for Reading :) oh and sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes I suck at grammar