Hearing the call of my wolf

The next day I woke up with someone's head buried in my neck and a strong arm wrapped around my waist I turned to see mason sleeping soundly I slipped out of his grip and went into my room I began to panic how could I do that how could I kiss him when he has a girlfriend I got dressed and I hurried I was avoiding him trying my hardest not to see him it felt wrong, he had a girlfriend and I kissed him he cheated on his girlfriend with me. Just thinking of that fact made my stomach twist and turn. The day turned into the longest terrible day of my life, I went into town and found a place that was hiring so I took the job I needed any excuse I even went to the library but soon it was getting late and I had no other choice.

I took my time walking home and when I got there all the guys were messing around having fun I tried to sneak by but with my luck I failed mason saw me and ran straight to me.

"hey where you going in such a hurry stay.” Mason said moving me to the back porch,

“Have you had any experience with using your wolf or anything?”

“No she doesn’t even talk to me and I don’t know why” now that I think about it I don’t hear her she growls when people I sat down on the porch steps and watched as they practice I notice little things about them I saw there weakness. It had been awhile just sitting there watching them until mason spoke up and said.

“Come on you could take on Josh he’ll take it easy” I thought about it for a minute.

“no I want the alpha and no breaks I want you to give me your best” I didn’t want them to take it easy on me just cause I’m a girl and I didn’t have much experience with my wolf I got up and was facing mason he nodded at me and with that he charged at me I stood still there waiting I moved out of the way and he fell on the floor.

“That’s your biggest problem you make your moves so obvious, I can see when and how you can attack me” I said looking down at him he tried again and again and again and every time he ended up on the floor the guys were laughing at him from the side line.

“You’re getting angry you’re not focusing you’re letting you’re frustration blind you now focus   .” he took and deep breath before running straight toward me I moved out of the way again when he slid on the floor he grasped my foot and took me with him.

“surprise.” he said proud of himself for out smarting me.

“good.” He was still on top of me I cleared my throat and he got the idea he got off and helped me up.

“Could I talk to you for a minute?” he asked I nodded my head and walked with him.

“Why do I have the feeling you have been avoiding me this whole day?” he said with a little amusement in the voice,

“I have and I’m sorry I feel really bad because I’m thankful for all you have done for me and I love hanging out with you but I felt bad about our kiss because you have a girlfriend” I said a little scared of what he would say but all he did was laugh.

“That’s why you were avoiding” I was confused.

“I have been trying to tell you all day that me and her aren’t together anymore she found her mate yesterday when you came down stairs and heard us arguing that what it was about she moved out today and we broke up.”

“Oh so are you telling me I was avoiding you for no type of reason” I said very annoyed with myself that I was being paranoid I should have just talked to him instead of being a coward and ignore him, but I can’t help it I’ve been hurt in the past before I wasn’t going to get hurt again.

“Yup pretty much but I understand why, maybe we can take things slow as slow as you want we don’t have to rush things.” He said coming closer to me, he gently touched my cheek his perfect lips inches from mine, the temptation just to kiss him was killing me but I stayed calm and still.

“How long will you wait?” my voice was broken images of all my pain and all the empty promises people made to me flashed in my head,

“However long will it take.” he said his lips by my ear whispering these things.

“You know I’m broken right? You sure you want to be with a broken girl” he whipped my tears.

“That’s not your fault, you’ve had a tough life so far but it’s not over you have the power to make it better, don’t let the past love affect the opportunities you will have in the future. Things will get better you have to have hope and you have to fight through the tough times but you don’t have to fight alone I can help but only if you let me.do you trust enough to let me help you make it through this.” I nodded my head slowly a little unsure but I somewhat felt as if this was right he walked me to my room and kissed me goodnight. When I went inside I heard my wolf talk to me for the first time since I shifted.

"You are betraying our mate. How could you do that to him?"

How could I do that to him? What about what he did to us or do you not remember what he did to us? Were you there when he rejected us for our cousins? She stayed quiet and didn’t say anything; she finally spoke up and said.

He didn’t mean to he wants us I can feel him” she said, she had so much hope in her voice and I could feel her emotions she needed this, she needed to believe that there was hope but I just couldn’t do it anymore.

If he wanted us so damn bad where is he now? Actually I have a better question who is he with right now can you answer that for me” I said in a cold voice, she stayed quiet.

“That’s what I thought” I fell into a deep sleep.