Chapter 46

[[Previous Author's Note]]

a/n: for those of you who have been so curious about why felicity and colton never said 'i love you' but never broke up (aka why would you stay with someone if you don't love them / why didn't she just break up with him earlier) i shall explain now. some people stick with their bf/gf bc they feel like they don't deserve anyone else / they don't know about other fish in the sea, they're afraid to leave bc of how that person will react, they're afraid to leave bc they're scared of what it will be like not being in a relationship, or they've just gotten so used to it that they don't even think anything about it. in felicity's case the first and last points apply to her. colton is the only bf she's had so she has no idea what else is out there & she's just gotten so used to it that she never thinks twice. this is true for so many couples, so it's not something extremely crazy. i know a lot of people like that. anyways. ok this is really long now sorry

Felicity

"Absolutely not! I'd choose Pretty in Pink over Sixteen Candles any day."

"Oh god, hell no. Sixteen Candles is where it's at. It might be a little problematic but it's superior to Pretty in Pink," Harry shakes his head in utter disappointment as he drives down the highway. "Blane is so god damn lame and boring. I'll never understand why Andie liked that guy."

"So? Andie dealt with real struggles, while the only issues Sam had against her were the fact that she wasn't popular and everyone forgot her birthday. I mean, that's life. Tell her to grow up."

"You just like that movie because it's more of a Cinderella-type story. That lame romance storyline has you hooked. At least Sixteen Candles is a little more realistic ... some popular guy is bored with his girlfriend and looks for something else with a nobody that finds him super hot. Now that is the epitome of high school. Also, it was a lot funnier."

"That movie just gives unrealistic expectations for a Jake Ryan to magically show up and sweep me off my feet."

Harry laughs and shakes his head as he switches lanes. "Listen, I think at this point we can only agree to disagree."

"Yeah, what a surprise," I roll my eyes and scoff as I watch him take the next exit from the highway.

It's quickly approaching noon and we've been in the car for almost five hours. Our entire car ride has consisted of Harry and I arguing over which movies, books, and TV shows are better than the other. It sounds absolutely crazy. I don't understand how we've managed to waste so much time arguing about this kind of stuff, but almost five hours have gone by and that's all we've been doing. Although, some arguments were a lot more drawn out and heated than others. We are obviously very passionate about our opinions. The only ones we agreed upon were the movie Jaws and the TV show Gossip Girl. However, the latter resulted in an entirely separate, and very intense, argument on who was the better character: Blair or Serena. I was genuinely surprised he had even seen the show, to which he claimed he only watched it because his sister was addicted to it.

Out of everything we argued about, only those two things were topics we could agree upon. It's a bit sad, really. Our tastes and preferences are massively opposite.

Thankfully we're finally stopping for gas ... and food. I'm dying for something to eat, but I'm also in dire need of fresh air. I would think at this point that being trapped in a tiny car for five hours with Harry would be ideal, but after all our disputes, which were mostly friendly banter, I need a break for a few moments. Don't get me wrong, he's really cool and whatever, but he has some terrible taste in movies.

I think we're right on the outskirts of Flagstaff, Arizona. Or maybe we're actually in the city. I'm not quite sure because I haven't been paying attention to any signs, but from my estimates this is exactly where we should be. Basically, we are on time with getting to Vegas, and it makes my recently suppressed control freak habits satisfied.