Chapter 15

Harry

"Ten minutes! We need to be out the door in ten minutes!" Niall comes rushing out of his room with his guitar case, abruptly stopping once he spots me on the couch. "Styles, are you even ready to go? You look like cat poop! I mean, you don't have to go if you don't want to, but if you are then get your lazy ass up and get dressed!"

"Hey, chill out," I laugh as I stand up from the couch. "I don't look like cat poop, what the fuck. You look like cat poop."

He's about to say something back when he's interrupted by the sound of the bathroom door opening. Felicity steps out and walks towards us in the living area, her attention focused on smoothing out her black dress. Her hands slide over the material in an attempt to pull it down a little bit further, self-conscious about its short length. It falls about mid thigh, and as much as I would love to really see her legs in this outfit, I know that the cold weather outside is the reason she's wearing black tights underneath. 

I was not aware that she was planning to get this dressed up. If I had known, maybe I would have taken the extra time to fix my hair or something. I definitely need to change my shirt at the very least. Felicity's thick black heels clack against the hardwood floors, making it difficult not to keep my attention on her. As she reaches the kitchen, she grabs her black coat that she hung up on one of the stools at the counter.

I can't help but continue to stare at her. She looks really pretty tonight. Until now I didn't know what she looked like in a dress, and it's a very nice look. Her hair looks soft and wavy and I kind of want to run my hands through it. I can't keep my eyes off of her.

Felicity lifts her head up and turns to look at the two of us standing at the couch, most likely aware that we are blatantly staring at her.

"What?" She speaks up to break this partially awkward silence. Her eyes looks down at her outfit before meeting my gaze with concern. "Is it the dress? I knew it wasn't the best choice. Should I go change?"

"No no!" I come out of my trance to respond to her. A chuckle comes out of Niall as he watches me. "The dress looks great. I was just ... I didn't know you were getting so dressed up."

"Well I want to look nice," she points in Niall's direction and smiles. "I don't want to look like I just got out of the car from a four hour drive. Your friend here is putting on a performance and taking us as his guests. It would be mean to go in looking disheveled because people will think he has bad taste in friends ... right?"

"Right!" Niall nods his head enthusiastically in agreement before walking over to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Somehow that gesture sends a jolt of jealousy throughout my body knowing that he does it so casually without a second thought of how it may be perceived. Suddenly I find myself pouting my bottom lip in dissatisfaction. "I knew I liked you for a reason. By the way, sweetheart, you look beautiful. Styles, go grab a jacket! It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra in January."

I roll my eyes at the country boy, his little southernism making Felicity laugh. Walking over to my duffle bag I quickly change out of my shirt and into one that buttons up the front, leaving a few at the top unbuttoned. I don't really care that it's cold outside because we're going to be in bars all night. If we're dancing and drinking it's going to get hot and I won't need much of a jacket anyway. I'll be drunk enough for the weather not to bother me ... I hope.

Running my hands through my hair, I mess it up to give off that effortless style. It's not like my hair looks any different on another day, it looks exactly the same. But I like to think that it looks slightly different.

Felicity sits at the kitchen as Niall stands on the opposite side of the counter, leaning over the granite to speak with her. They're chatting and laughing and making me feel like a third wheel and I don't like it.