Chapter One: Crazy Dreams

'As I walked through the meadow it was peaceful, something I had not experienced in a long time. Ever since my father left my mother a few years back, my mother has turned to alcohol.

She would abuse me every day and blamed me for everything that had happened. It was my fault that she didn't have enough money for bills, it was my fault she worked at a shitty job, my fault that dad left, my fault that she had kids at a young age. Everything she blamed on me. I had way to much stress in my life. I used to be that outgoing girl that was nice to everybody, now I cut myself and I hate everybody.

I couldn't live with my mother, not anymore. Once I sat down in the clearing, I focused only on my hearing. I could hear birds chirping their lullaby, the leaves on the trees swaying in the breeze. I closed my eyes and breathed in my surroundings. At that moment I smelled something, something different, something good.

I snapped my eyes open to see-'Beep! Beep! Beep! I woke up drenched in sweat. I'll admit it, that was a weird dream, but I couldn't dwell on that, I had to get ready. Today was my biggest fight; I was facing the world champion of the men's league boxing championship. I turned off my alarm clock and laid back down on my bed. I got up, got in the shower, and brushed my teeth. I out on my boxing outfit and threw a hoodie over it. I grabbed my new robe and car keys and drove down to the arena.

It was only about eleven twenty six and the fight starts about noon. I decided to go for a run; I parked my car and got out. I walked into the woods until I could no longer see the arena anymore. I then stripped out of my clothes; I changed into my wolf form.

I felt my bones snapping and rearranging. My hands grew into claws and I fell on all fours. Fur soon sprouted out of my body, I felt my ears grow longer. It wasn't painful like my first change, My first shift I felt sick, no I felt as if I'd been stabbed several times and left to die. Suddenly a sharp cold pain had inflicted itself upon me. The bones in my body had fell apart leaving me in agony, but it was worse they were constantly shifting.

Suddenly advanced detail came into my sight, I could hear for miles. I screamed in pure fright. My face had become not mine, but a wolf's. Hair spurted all over my body, my fingernails grew into deadly weapons. My spine arched forcing me on to the ground. I let out a screech it then turned into a howl. My mind was not my own, it was that of a killing beast. With the last strength I had I ran. I had shifted I was now my big black wolf; I was not normal size for a wolf. I stood at about six feet. The first instinct to do was to run, enjoying the wind in my fur. I had stumbled upon a creek, the water cooled down my steaming body. As I bent my head down to take another sip I smelled something. Although I did not know what the smell was, it was mouth watering. Its scent was combined; one was a sweet honey, while the other was a spicy cinnamon. My wolf was mumbling something incoherent. The mumbling soon became louder and louder. I finally understood what she said and ran. 'MATE' she screamed, it hurt me to run away from him but a mate is not what I needed right now.