Chapter 6: A lot of thinking

A/N: So so sorry for not updating in about two months.. Ahhh I suck. Sorry. </3 Please enjoy this chapter after waiting so long. D; Love you guys<3

Carson's POV.

-1 month later-

It was about 2 in the morning when my phone rang, waking me up. Tired, I fumbled for my phone and pressed ignore, not bothering to check who was calling. I tried to go back to sleep but my phone rang again. This time I checked who it was, an unknown number. Who the hell calls this late at night? A little annoyed, but mostly curious, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Carson?"

I recognized that voice almost instantly.. It couldn't be... 

"Carson, it's Chris.."

It was..

"Chris!.. Chris.. I.. Why are you calling me?"

"Carson I just.. I can't take it anymore.. Meet me at the park close to your house.. Please.."

"Right now?!.. Are you crazy?"

"Yes, please."

"Well alright.. I'll be there in 10 minutes.."

"Good.. hurry please.."

I threw on a jacket and my moccasins, locked my door, and climbed out my window. I was scared.. Not because it was dark, not because it was so late, not because I was afraid of getting caught sneaking out.. I was scared because Chris had sounded so... Upset. I was afraid maybe something happened to him. Why would he need me right now, especially at 2 in the morning? I was also pretty upset with him.. Two months and not a word from him and now he calls me at 2am wanting me to meet with him at a park? What the fuck is that?

But I couldn't say no.. Not to Chris.. 

I arrived at the park in exactly 10 minutes and I wandered around a little. I didn't see anyone.. So I stood by the swings, shivering. Then out of nowhere, someone puts their hand over my eyes and mouth and I let out a muffled scream. 

"Carson!"

It was Chris.. (Duh).. He let me go and grabbed me, kissing me hard on the mouth. 

I was shocked but I obviously didn't tell him to stop. 

"Carson.. I've missed you so much.. I had to see you.. I haven't stopped thinking about you since I left.. I'm so sorry.. It was a big mistake, I-"

"Chris.. I can't believe you.. How could you just leave.. Without telling me.." I started to remember the hurt I felt when I found out he left town. I was so upset.. And then not hearing a word from him drove me crazy. My eyes began to tear up, looking at him. My heart hurt seeing him again. My stomach started to jump. I couldn't believe he was back.

"Carson please.. Listen to me.. I left for the both of us, to make both of our lives better." He wiped the tear rolling down my left cheek. "I really have missed you."

"How is leaving me without a word making my life better? Or yours?" 

"I.. I liked you so much.. But I wasn't sure if you did too and to make things worse, I fucked up real bad with my family. I figured it'd be better to leave everyone and just kind of start over. I left you because I didn't want you to deal with a fuck-up like me. I don't deserve you. You can do so much better."

"You... I don't even understand you.. How could you not tell that I liked you too. Do you know how much it hurt when you left.. I cried every night and  I have til this day. Chris.. You don't even get it.."