Demigod POV

CHB:

The campfire had just ended, and Cameron had stuck around to help clean up the some of the mess. He turned around to throw something in the trash, and noticed that Catie was standing behind him. Catie was the daughter of Apollo, and she and Cameron had been best friends since they were little. "Hi, Cam, I was wondering if maybe... you'd like to... go for a walk in the woods with me?" "Of course!" Cameron said. "Just let me finish up here and then we'll go." "Okay." Catie waited while Cameron finished helping the camp counselors and then they set off.

"Thanks for coming with me." It was a beautiful night, perfect to go walking in the moonlight. "Sure," Cameron said, "why wouldn't I have?" "I don't know, I guess it's just that... lately... I feel different around you." It was at this moment, with the sun dancing on her porcelain face, that Cameron finally realized how beautiful she really was. He wondered why it had to be different. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I just made this more awkward." "No, no, no," Cameron said, "that's not what I was thinking about. I just finally realized..." "What?" He looked into her gray eyes and felt like he was looking into the storm itself. Could he really do this? Could he tell the girl he'd been best friends with for more than 10 years that he was in love with her? "I just realized..." He had decided he couldn't do it, so he made up an excuse. "I was supposed to help Chiron get ready for the wizards and initiates tomorrow!" But before Catie could respond, Cameron had started heading back to the cabins to tell his friends about how stupid he had sounded.

Thanks for reading. if you like it, comment and vote.