Chapter Twenty Three

2.51k reads!! Thank you so much!!
Anyway, this is my most requested update so I've chandelled all my free time into this new chapter. In short, y'all better enjoy.

- author

Higuchi put away her phone and pulled out two guns.

"Ayyy! Higuchi-kun!" I whined, stepping forward while everyone else stepped back, "That's so messy!! are those really your orders?"

"I'm supposed to keep them occupied, are you really supposed to be talking to me?"

"Higuchi-kun... don't talk to your seniors like that. It could get you in trouble." I said menacingly, calling my shadows, "I'd like to not spill any blood. These are good people. Also, Ryu-kun's gonna come soon so, I don't really have to be in character anymore."

"Y/n-chan..." said Juni, sounding betrayed.

I took a deep breath before turning to face him.

"You're with the port mafia?"

I nodded and took another deep breath.

"I'm Ryu-kun's, well, Akutagawa to you, I'm his partner. I'm sorry I lied to you and to everyone else. Osa-san and Kida-san knew as well as the boss only, they all thought I left the Mafia. Too bad they were wrong."

I heard the tell tale click of a machine gun and quickly put up a wall of shadows, protecting everyone from the shower of bullets.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, removing my shadows once Higuchi had let up.

Juni nodded weakly.

"Y-Y/n-chan... your back..." muttered Naomi.

I touched my back, pulling my hand away to find it sticky with blood.

I growled with rage, turning towards Higuchi.

"Is that how you treat your seniors? You fucking shoot them!" I yelled, "do you know how many times I held Ryu back from flat out murdering you? You are worthless! Do you know how much of a pain this is? I liked this shirt too! If it was anyone else but me, you would have just killed your superior! Useless!"

I walked back over to Atsushi, Juni, and Naomi, grabbing Juni's hand and pulling him up.

I noticed his eyes widen with fear as he looked over my shoulder.

"Gone soft, have you?" said an achingly familiar voice.

status: edited October 26th 2023

editing author: i love how i wrote ur character like she hasn't seen ryu in years. It's been like three days. She's so dramatic. I love it.

Editing author (years later): not all this Higuchi slader, oh my lord what was wrong with me.