Chapter Fifty Eight

Suga POV

We had barley made it two more blocks when another voice called out from behind us. 

"Shadow thief!" they yelled, their voice steeped in anger and maybe even a bit of grief.

"What, is the whole fucking city out today?" grumbled Y/n as she ducked, allowing a silver haired boy to vault over her.

The boy skidded to a stop a few feet away and turned back to face us.

"Were-tiger." she said with a polite nod of recognition. 

The boy simply growled in response and ran at her once more. Once again, much to my surprise, she dodged his attack. 

"Gods, I leave for five years and you forget everything I taught you." she laughed, "Your form, Were-tiger, is abysmal."

Y/n walked over to the boy and used her cane to move his legs a bit farther from one another before hitting him in the backs of his knees so they were more bent. 

"There we go." she hummed, "Your stance was wayyyyy off. Now, Tiger, show me those claws."

The boy looked pointedly at Y/n's came and braces before meeting her eyes once more. 

"Unanticipated side effects, I'll be fine. Your claws Tiger, now."

It was not a request, but a command and with a flash of blue light, the boy's arms suddenly became those of a white tiger. Long claws protruded from the pads of his fingers. I gasped, taking a step back. 

"She really wasn't kidding." whistled Daichi from beside me, "I've never met someone with an ability before."

Y/n was seemingly too focused on the boy before her to remember we were there and my curious side was winning out over the urge to step between them in this moment. 

"She did say she'd protect us." was all I said in response.

The boy lunged at her, claws out, but Y/n simply dodged him once more, spinning quickly around and smacking her cane into the back of his head. 

"God you really have forgotten everything I taught you." she muttered, more to herself than to anyone else. 

The boy rubbed the back of his head before rushing her once more. Once more, Y/n simply dodged his attacks. 

"Do you even know who you're fighting for anymore? I guess there haven't been too many more conflicts since I left so I'll have to remind you. You're fighting for them. It's all for him."

"You mean them."

"Right." she laughed, a bit nervously, "Them."

"Him?" repeated Daichi. 

I ignored him, too transfixed by the scene playing out in front of us. They were circling each other now. The tiger boy stayed low to the ground while Y/n stalked, her head held high. This time when he attacked, she countered, his claws making a horrific noise as they scraped against her cane.

"Steel." she said in response to the boys quizzical glance.

She began to attack him. The strange boy stumbled a bit as Y/n caused him to move backwards with her blows. 

"Ah ah ah Atsushi-kun!" she teased and though I could not see her face, I knew she was smiling, "Place one foot directly behind the other as I force you to back away. You'll be less likely to trip or lose you're balance that way. You'll be able to keep all your attention on me, you don't want me to get jealous do you?"

The boy, Atsushi, quickly responded to her critique by correcting his form. 

"Good." hummed Y/n in apparent approval.