Chapter 10.2: Boy Friend-zoned and Girl From The Past

After I spent few hours just watching some amateur skaters riding their boards on the arena, I decided to leave. Still, I'm not up to see Kylie's face yet so I drove to this place that I discovered some time before. The place's name is Bistro Bar, Grill and Restaurant. When I came, the house is already full-packed, maybe because it's holiday. I was sitting alone on the bar and decided to order an alcoholic beverage.

I'm trying to think straight. Kylie told me she wants me to know where to stand in her life NOW which is just damn annoying because ever since, I never have to know that. I was always standing right on her side. But now, come on, where should I really stand? Behind her? Behind them? Just... damn, what should I do?

"Merry Christmas." a girl took the seat on my left. I didn't raise my head to look at her and just nodded on her polite greeting. Yeah, it's Christmas. Yeah, yeah, whatever.

"What does a nice looking guy doing here, drinking alcohol this early, on Christmas Day?" she doesn't sound like she's flirting or anything like that, just trying to be friendly, maybe. I didn't bother answering her question and remain focused on my drink.

"I'll have what he's having." the girl ordered to the bartender who's now making her the same drink I'm drinking. I simply ignored her, not because she's annoying or what. Usually, I'm nice to people but I don't feel like being nice today, which is kinda ironic because everyone should be nice and give love on Christmas day.

"Thank you." she answered when the bartender handed her the drink. "Hmmm, it's a little sweet... but more on bitter." she commented after taking a gulp on her drink.

"So..." she spoke. "Most of the guys I know are trying to get themselves drunk at noon on Christmas day only for two reasons." She said to me. "First, if they lost their jobs, which is terrible because it's Christmas," she paused then continue, "Or second... if they had a fight with their girlfriend."

I finally decided to face her.

"I'm afraid my answer is none of what you said." for the first time, I saw the girl sitting beside me. She's not extraordinarily stunning but she's really pretty... and sexy in a non-pervert way, and she has this bright eyes and beautiful smile.

"Oh. Then, what?" she asked, tilting her head that makes her long brownish hair sway a little. I removed my eyes on her and grabbed my drink.

I remained unspoken, trying to think if it's alright to talk to her but I guess I have nothing to lose. She looks really nice and all. Maybe she's just trying to be friends or at the very least, have a conversation with someone so it's not boring.

"Mine would fall on the second reason except that she's not my girlfriend. Last night, she asked me to just love her as a friend and not any more than that. Bullshit, right?" I said then gulped down my drink.

"Ahh, I get it." she clapped her hands once. "I think people nowadays call that 'Friend-zoned'." she said then laughed a little. I looked at her. Not because I was offended or something, it's just that her laugh is nice to hear. I swear, I personally think she has the best laugh after Kylie.