Chapter 2

Besides paranormal investigating, one of Avalon's passions was writing. After moving to Rhode Island, she had immediately tried to get a job as a journalist for a newspaper, but was told she would have to start off working at the loading dock. But a job is a job, and Avalon was glad to have one. She knew that eventually she could work her way up and become a journalist like she really wanted. Two days after her interview with the TAPS leaders, she was relaxing on the couch watching TV when her cellphone began ringing.

She pressed the answer button, "Hello?"

"Avalon Bates?" a male voice inquired.

"Speaking."

"This is Grant Wilson from TAPS."

Avalon nearly dropped the phone. She was about to find out if her dreams would come true or not.

"Jason and I have made our decision." Grant paused and Avalon almost died, "Welcome to the team."

Avalon bit her knuckles trying not to scream, her excitement level was boiling over.

I can't believe it! I'm actually a member of TAPS!

"Hello?"

"Sorry. I was just trying to calm down so I didn't blow your eardrums out when I said thank you."

He chuckled, "I hope you enjoy working with us."

"I know I will!" she grinned, even though he couldn't see her.

"Well, you can meet your co workers tomorrow morning at nine."

"I'll be there."

"Okay. See you then."

"Bye." she hung up and leaped out of her chair screaming, "Yes! I made it! Ha ha!"

She then proceeded to dance around the apartment, earning her weird looks from her cat.

~

The next morning, Avalon's brown eyes snapped open when the sunlight finally hit them. She turned and looked at the clock. It read eight thirty.

"Dang it! Why didn't my alarm go off!?"

Leaping out of bed, she nearly ran face first into the door. Then after setting the world record for getting dressed, she raced into the kitchen and measured out her cat's breakfast before grabbing a muffin from the refrigerator. Her tabby walked in and meowed a thank you to his owner before bending over his food.

"See ya later, Jack! Be a good boy!" Avalon called over her shoulder as she hurried out the front door.