Chapter 11: The Concert and Meet

We were in the car for about an hour before we stopped to get gas and switch places. I put gas in my car while Melissa went inside to go to the bathroom. When I had filled up the tank I went inside and bought an Arizona Tea and got a Dr. Pepper for Melissa. I went out to the car and I waited for her to get out. When she did, she had two king size candies; a KitKat for her and Skittles for me. I handed her the Dr. Pepper and we both smiled really wide.

"Thank ya! Now, on the road again!" I laughed and pulled out of the parking lot. We drove a ways until a song came on the radio that I recognized.

"Hey M, it's one of Emblem 3's songs. You did look them up, right? So you would know some songs." She nodded her head and turned the radio up a bit to hear better.

"I think this one is called Tequila Sunrise. I like this one. It's got a good tune." She smiled and kinda nodded her head along with the beat. She turned it up a little louder and we listened all the way to the end of it. (Which wasn't very easy for me to do. I get bored with things very easily if I don't really like them.) "I think I'm really going to enjoy this concert."

I drove the rest of the way to the hotel we had decided to stay at for the night because I didn't want to drive home late at night and checked in. We put all of our stuff in the room and went out to get something to eat. We ended up just stopping at Taco Bell, but went in and sat down to eat. We finished eating in about 40 minutes so we decided to sit and relax for about 10 minutes because we had extra time. When we finally left, we headed to the venue and with all of the traffic in the city, though not as bad as NYC, it took about 30 minutes, like I had predicted. We got in line and were a little ahead of schedule so we had to wait a bit before being let in, but it wasn't too long. We were taken to the stage, shown everything, all that, and Melissa and I decided to go up to the merchandise stand when we were let go to wander around. We looked at some things and decided we might buy something after the concert. We went back to the stage so we could get our front row places and waited for the concert to begin.

It wasn't long before everything was in place and a band I didn't know came on the stage. They did their introduction, pumped the crowd up, played some good songs, and finished with promises of a great show. I'm not gonna lie. They were really good, but not really something I would get hooked on. The lights turned on again and the stage crew came out to set up for Emblem 3.

"They weren't bad. Did you like 'em?" I glanced towards M to see what she thought, but realized she hadn't heard me. "M, did you hear me? Hello???" I snapped my hands in front of her face and she snapped out of her trance.

"Sorry, I was having a spaced out moment. What did ya say?" I shook my head and smiled.

"I said they weren't bad and asked what you thought."

"Oh they were okay, but I'm more excited for Emblem 3!" She jumped up and down like a 12 year old girl and I shook my head at her.

"Okay M, you can stop acting like me." She laughed and stuck her tongue out at me. The lights dimmed until they were completely out. I couldn't see anything until the curtain ruffled and a spotlight shined on the left side of the stage and I realized there were now people sitting at the instruments. The band started playing the tune to Tequila Sunrise and when the words were supposed to start three guys came running onto the stage singing. This, obviously, was Emblem 3, and they had hella good voices. The entire song people were jumping and the place had a really good vibe. When the song finished Wesley stepped forward towards the edge of the stage and started yelling.

"Hello! How are you guys tonight?" Naturally, the crowd burst into screams. This time Drew spoke.

"That's great to hear! Ready for a great time?" Again, there were screams. And last, but not least, Keaton spoke.