Chapter 68

A/N

Logan is on the sidebar or at the top of the screen (mobile users).

Hope you like the chapter! Been working hard lately, sorry if it seems as if I'm never on anymore! 

Love you all xox

"LOGAN!" he answered on the first ring and I shouted his name excited to get my lost boy's project started.

"Callie? What's up?" he sounded like I had woken him up from his slumber.

"I need to borrow your car!" I was already on my way to his house.

"What? Why?" he was wide awake now that I had mentioned his beloved vehicle. I will never understand the posessive quality men have over their cars.

"I need to pick up something and it won't fit in my car or Minnie's or Alaric's. Please I need this favor..." I pouted through the line.

"Where are you? What are you getting?" he yawned through the line making me giggle.

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise for someone..." I smiled at myself. Harry was either going to be in awe of what I did for him or he was going to be completely ill with me for it. But I needed to be able to do something, something to include myself with him.

"Do you need my car or not?" he gave me a proposition. "You can let me help you by communicating. It's how we, humans, socialize." He chuckled and I knew right then that I missed his silly banter, his excuses just to hang out with me.

"I'm remodeling a friend's kitchen and I need to go pick up some appliances," I hoped he couldn't see through the wall I put up by saying friend.

"Wasn't so hard to tell me, now was it?" he chuckled and I smiled through my phone while I merged onto the highway. "Count me in. Are you on your way?"

"Yeah, I have to drop off Minnie's car at my house. Do you mind picking me up in thirty?" I sped to my home.

"See ya then, muffin head."

I laughed and hung up the phone. Alex was going to have a fit when she finds out I'm hanging out with Logan with out her there. Oh well. Not my priority at the moment, and truthfully never will be. They're destined to fail relationship wise anyway. Harry and I didn't have as many issues as they do, and we failed. We failed miserably.

When I pulled into my driveway a while later, Alaric was in his office down the hall and Minnie had taken his car to work with Alex. Thank God, I was not in the mood to deal with her exuberant mind today. I wanted to get started on this project and I wanted it finished before summer ended and I was in New York.

"Where were you last night? Minnie said you were at a friend's house," Alaric sat next to me at the dining room table.

"I was. You don't know her, she was friend's with Harry. I met her at Q's party a while back. Seems we had a lot in common..." I held an apple in my hand, then started shining it with the bottom of Harry's t-shirt that I was wearing, my nervous habbit I'd noticed I started when I moved up here. It helped avoid eye contact and let my shaking hands fiddle with an object, keeping me occupied.

"You're right, I probably don't know her," Ric smiled and stood up going to the kitchen, probably to make himself a sandwhich for lunch.

The door bell rang and my body stood up tirelessly and ran to the door. "Bye Ric!" I called out to him and slammed the door shut, not even looking at Logan as I trotted to his red truck. "You coming?!" I yelled back to Logan when I saw him smirking and eyes drawn tight together still on the front porch.