Chapter 56

"It's the day miss Callie Steele!" Alex jumped on my bed and woke me up.

"Leave me alone," I gurgled in my sleep.

"Get up! It's time to get ready!" She shook the covers from my body and I curled into a ball.

I ignored her belligerent pestering as she told me everything that was wrong with the way I looked at the moment.

"Harry likes me like this," I smirked and reached for the covers.

"Get up!" Alex's brown eyes were stern as she told me to wake up.

"Fine, fine, fine," I rolled my eyes at her and sat up and walked across the hall to the bathroom. I really thought I could sleep in today. I guess not...

After my shower I dried my hair and ate lunch before Alex did my hair and make up, then her own.

"Harry and Charles better fucking appreciate their dates, because we're going to be the two hottest bitches there."

"You know Charles is..." I started to undress and she looked at me funny.

"What?" She scrunched in her perfectly plucked eyebrows.

"Gay. He likes boys," I shrugged my shoulders and unzipped my dress from the bag. The long beautiful yellow chiffon fabric peeked out and I found myself smiling. I picked the prettiest, chicest dress I could have for a prom. I can't wait to put it on all the way. Alex will be so proud of me.

"Wow! That makes so much sense now!" Alex gasped and I drew my attention to her sitting on her old bed. "I wondered why he didn't want to kiss me the other night. I mean c'mon, who says no to me."

I laughed and threw a pillow across the room at her. It landed with a thud at her feet and she flicked me off.

"Ok, help me zip this up once I get in..." And the fabric coated sweetly against my bust and flowed like a waterfall down my legs and to the floor. My hair was in vintage waves with enough body to look like I've been a bit frisky with someone. And to top it off I had a love bite from Harry on the inside of my arm that I hope no one would notice.

"Stunning as always Callie," Alex fixed a few strands of hair and handed me my earrings before she pulled on her emerald green mermaid dress. I figured she bought it to show off her ass. Seems like something she would do, but I wouldn't blame her. If I had an ass like that, I'd show it off too.

"Pretty!" I handed her the shoes we bought the other day and we both toyed around until Alaric knocked on the door.

"Girls?" He opened it and peeked through looking at his girls from head to toe. "Wow!"

"Stop!" I rolled my eyes and fought the blush coming to my cheeks. I wasn't used to attention from the male eye. If anything I completely hated it, unless it was from someone of my interest which was rare and almost unheard of, but Harry I do want his attention; I want all of it.

"The Styles are here," Ric smirked at us while Alex and I shifted around the room figuring together the last of our things.

"Coming," Alex pushed Alaric out of my room and shut the door. "Ok listen Callie." The tanned beauty spoke before me. "You and Harry are up for prom king and queen, and I'm in the court too. No hard feelings if the other wins right?"

"Alex, I'm not going to win. But I know you will crush Kristen and Olivia," I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed my clutch strutting out of the room. It was a joke that I was on the court anyway. Everyone knew it. And Alex bringing it up now really pissed me off.

I walked down the staircase and my heels made the wood creak even louder than normal. As soon as I saw Harry in his tux a smile as big as the great wide ocean filled my face and a heat spread throughout my body. The tux fit him square in his shoulders and he buttoned it up as I came down the stairs eyeing me with a look I've grown to love. It was a lustful look filled with smitten composure. And it looked lovely on him.