p2c22 (Jasmine's POV unless specified)

I turn back a few pages.  I see a few pages written the night I was admitted.  I read it, I didn't regret it for a second.  "I just got paged to the ER.  They always do that when they suspect cancer, but they want to inconspicuous.  I hate when that happens, I'm always disoriented and confused, but I have got to go figure this out.  I get off the elevator and see a young girl, fighting everyone and everything.  I feel sympathetic.  I shake myself out of it and walk up to the little girl."  *Flashback, Selina's POV*

I go down the elevator and walk into the emergency room.  I see Hannah, my overseer.  I jog up to her and she fills me in.  I take a deep breath and try to relax.  "Everyone likes me, why am I so afraid to go and run tests on her?" I think.  I go into the cubicle and sit beside the bed.  There is a lot of chaos and I am very disoriented.  "Everyone out!" I yell over everyone.  They all automatically obey me and leave.  I smile and look over to Jasmine.  "Hey honey.  How are you doing?" I ask.  She doesn't answer.  "I understand you're scared and confused, but I'll try to make everything easier on you." I say reading her chart.  I look up and try to find a blood count kit.  I can't find it. 

"Margaret!" I call.  She steps in and reads my face.  "Blood count kit.  Give me one second.  Ok....here you go deary!  Need anything else just page me.  Don't forget...be yourself" she says coming in and rumaging through cabinets.  I smile, nod,  to her face and then roll my eyes as soon as she leaves.  "Jasmine, dear, I have to do a full blood count.  It involves one tiny needle and takes about four minutes to do." I say.  She groans and tries to cover her arms.  I look around for her parents, but they're not here yet.  I run my hand through my hair and try to control my shaking hands.  "Jasmine, sweet heart, I know you're scared, but I need to see your arm.  You can trust me." I say intensely, hoping I can win her over.  She is trembling.  I take her arm gently, but suggestively.  I meet a little resistance, but when she finds out I'm a bit more....suggestive than her she gives in.  I tie a think rubber torniquet around her upper arm and I clean the crook of her elbow with iodine.  She bites her lip and looks into my eyes as I uncap the small needle.  "I'm going to count to three and then I'll stick you, no suprises, I promise.  One, two-" "No!" Jasmine screams.  She pulls her arm away, then she is obviously over come by how ill she feels.  I stick her arm and she scrunches her nose. 

"Sorry sweetie.  I should've warned you." I say.  I feel so awful about how I treated her.

*End of flashback Jasmine's POV*

I shut her book and think it through.  I don't really rember much of that, but she seems to relive it everyday.  I hear a knock and I manage to hide my book just as Selina bursts in, again.  "Jasmine....are you sure you don't have my book?" she asks.  I nod and she looks at me sideways, surveying me.  I scrunch up my nose.  She laughs and walks out, shaking her head.  I sigh and relax my tense muscles.  I feel a little guilty and hear a voice in my  head telling me to give her her diary, but I am too curious.  I pull it out and read the next entry.  "I got to work so late today.  As soon as I got here, Margaret met me outside and pulled me to her car.  She broke the news about my dad.  She didn't even try to comfort me.  She was just getting off a 12 hour shift and she was too tired to truly care right now.  I run into the hospital and get the information about his room.  I hit the elevator button and I wait.  It's such a long wait.  I run to his room and collapse into a chair beside him.  I start sobbing.  He's the only one left.  I need him, but his cancer has taken a deadly turn.  I pick up his chart and skip it.  His responses are down, his pulse is 45, his tempature is 103.9, and his respiration rate is 26 per minute.  This is the classic look of death.  I can see he's about to die.  I take his pulse and check his respiration rate myself, just to be sure.  It's truly awful.  I take a thermometer off his bedside table and I take his tempature, under his arm.  It comes off slightly higher, 104.0.  I panic.  This is not good!