Chapter 6

A/N

Guys, I know that this is a super super super late update and I'm sooooo sorry for making you guys wait so long. I had like a ton of work to do and yeah. I'm so sorry.

Chapter 6

It takes my dad one look at me to tear up.

"Caroline, is that you?" He asks, softly.

I look at Jayce for help and he steps in front of me. "Good morning," He grins.

"Who are you?" My dad's soft expression disappears and he looks over Jayce to look for me.

"I'm Elvis Presley. I have risen from the dead to give you a hug."

"Yeah yeah," My dad tries to push him aside but he holds firm.

Behind my dad, I see Sabrina and Luke fighting over a syringe. Luke wins and he creeps over towards my dad and sticks the syringe into his back. My dad turns around to look at him but slumps to the floor, unconscious, before he is able to.

"What did you do?" I exclaim, running over to hold my dad up.

"Made him sleep," Luke answers, handing the syringe to Sabrina.

"What am I going to do?" I moan, "He saw me!"

"Don't worry," Sabrina soothes, "We'll tell him he was dreaming."

"He won't believe that!"

"He will," Luke assures me. "But we'll have to discuss the whole Janice situation somewhere else."

"Starbucks," Sabrina offers.

"Starbucks," Luke agrees. He looks at Jayce and says, "Help me carry the unconscious dude into the room."

Jayce picks up my dad's legs and Luke grabs him from his underarms. Together, they tug him upstairs. I turn to look at Sabrina, who no longer looks afraid of me, and smile.

"Hey."

She smiles back at me. "Caroline, Jayce is so hot!"

I roll my eyes, "He's alright."

"No, he's hot," She stands firm, "And I can feel the sexual tension between you guys."

"There's no sexual tension!"

"Try telling Jayce that," Sabrina smirks. "He so has it bad for you."

"He doesn't," I argue. "Anyway, what's this I hear about you and Cayson?"

Sabrina's reaction is immediate. She freezes up, her jaw drops, and her eyes go wide. I smirk.

"There's no thing going on," She says, her voice pitch going an octave higher.

"Yeah," I say sarcastically.

She sighs in defeat. "Fine, we've been talking after you...left earth, or so we thought. He was really sweet and caring and even though he was dealing with his own greif-"

"You like him," I summarize for her.

She nods, "But I'm not sure if he likes me back."

"I'm pretty sure he would," I grin.

"Good to have you back, Care." She grins too and punches my shoulder playfully. That causes me to wince. My reaction doesn't go unnoticed by Sabrina and her expression turns serious. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you okay?" Luke asks, coming up behind me.

"I think her shoulder is injured," Sabrina informs him.