Chapter 4

A/N

Not edited. Don't kill me for my mistakes.

Chapter 4

The lights blink back on and I look around furiously to confirm my suspicions.

Yes, Jayce and I are the only people left in the store.

Well us and that girl with short black hair advancing to us.

The ghost of Elizabeth Mary pauses before me and says.

"You can't leave Luke, yet. You have to help him."

"Help him with what?" I ask, annoyed.

Jayce stares at the ghost beside me, shocked. Wow. This is my first time seeing Jayconie The Outspoken Arse speechless.

"My sister plans to get rid of him now that she got rid of you."

My reaction is the total opposite of what she expected.

"Yay!" I exclaim, "So I can turn him into a vampire too and we'll live together!"

The ghost actually has the audicity to glare at me.

"You don't get how horrible being a vampire is, do you? "

I glance at Jayce, who looks ashamed.

"What is it that is so horrible?" I ask.

"You may be able to live forever, but you'll never get a chance at a normal life. Vampires can't have children and they feed off fresh blood. You kill things in order for your own survival, Caroline. What's right about that? "

Realization hits me. I'm a murderer. Nothing is right about this.

Jayce clenches his jaw beside me, saying nothing.

"But humans kill animals for food too," I try to defend my kind.

The ghost laughs at me.

"Caroline, you haven't gone through the third stage of transition. You don't know the urges and wants you will have. Most vampires never break free of those."

"What urges and wants?" I ask Jayce.

He just grabs my arm and drags me out of the store. Outside, people are walking around and chatting normally. Jayce doesn't release my arm but just keeps walking until we reach an escalator.

I am looking behind my shoulder at the store in case Elizabeth Mary's ghost is following, which is why I end up colliding my side with the escalator handle, hard.

It hurts almost as much as the time Janice Mary stabbed me in the exact same spot. I rip Jayce's hand off my arm and press it to my side, crouching down beside the escalator. People stare at me and Jayce finally turns to look at me.

"What happened," He asks, bending down and removing my hands from my side.

"I hit it at the escalator. It's all your fault." I wince as he lifts up my shirt and gently touches the bruising spot.

"It's already starting to heal," He informs, putting my shirt back down and looking me in the eye.

I'm expecting him to say something about how he wants me to be okay and how he cares for me. Unfortunately, this is Jayce Abel The Not Caring Idiot we're taking about.

"You are so clumsy," He remarks, smirking.

I glare at him through the slight tears of pain which had gathered in my eyes.