3

Lulu's POV

I can't believe that I agreed to put this party together. My mum is very good at convincing to make me do things her way.

The good thing is that I've been working on this for about a month. Everything is done and all I need to do is show up tomorrow morning to make sure everything goes as planned.

Of course things changed when Ana brought those puppies over. I had to leave this afternoon for the 8 hours drive back to my town. I haven't been back since I left. This whole time my parents would come to visit us.

I looked in the mirror and they where fast asleep. I pulled up to my parents driveway and and shut off the engine. Sending my mum a text message letting her know that I had arrived. She comes out with my father all happy.

"My grand babies are here. How was the drive?", she asked opening the door.

"I don't understand why you had to drive when flying would've been easy," my dad said grabbing Vinny out the car.

"Well I have a surprise," I said stepping out the car.

"Your finally dating. It's about time," my mum said walking to the door with Phillip.

"Honey let her be," my dad said. I'm glad he was on my side.

I haven't dated since I got pregnant and Paddy was the only guy I've been with. Ana has been trying to set me up on a blind date and I would always reject. I know using my kids as an excuse isn't good but to me they come first.

"You know what I know this guy that would be perfect for you," she said.

"Mum I really don't need you to set me up with anyone. When I feel it's right I'll date. Right now what's important to me are my kids," I said.

"Okay, I won't try to set you up again. But if you change your mind this guy is available and he's a good guy," she said walking into the house with Phillip.

It's really good to be home. I just wish I came back home for a visit more after having the boys. But I guess my pride got the best of me. I just didn't see my life would be like this. Having a kids out of wedlock. The worst thing was me knowing nothing about the boys father. I tried my best to find him but I had not enough information to go off.

I was so ashamed of myself that I left town so no one can till of my shame. Now I don't care my boys are the best thing that happened and I wouldn't change it for anything.

"Will you have everything ready for my companies party," my mum said taking me out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry everything is done. I just have to be there early in the morning to make sure everything goes as planned," I said.

"That's good. I put the boys in your old room. You'll be sleeping in the room next to them," she said bringing two cup of tea.

"Your going to leave the boys with us in the morning will you go handle business," my dad said coming the stairs.

"Dad I've always taken the boys with me to work. Plus I promised some ice cream afterward," I said.

"So your not going to attend the party," Mum asked with a sad face.

"Mum this is for employe

"And family. I want you and my the boys there," she said cutting me off.

"I really don't want to be a party where I'm not going to know anyone," I said.

"Don't be ridiculous your going and you'll have fun. I want you to enjoy yourself and relax," she said.

Is my mum up to something I thought.

"Fine I'll go. It's late and I'm going to sleep. Goodnight," I said heading up the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dominick POV

"Dom I'm going home. Did you need anything before I leave," Jasmine said.

"No! Have a good night and see you at the party," I said looking up from my paper.

"You have a great night also," she said closing my door.

Finishing up I shut my computer and turn off the light. Shutting the door behind me I walk down the long hallway to the  that would lead me to the garage parking lot.

"Have a good evening and weekend Mr. San Angelo," said the security guard.

"I'll be seeing you and your family at the party tomorrow right?" I asked coming to a stop.

"No sir. I'll be working tomorrow," he said.

"You work for the company right Zach right? The invite was for everyone that that works in this building," I said.

"But you father never invited us. I just assumed that it was for us," he said.

"I'm going to make some changes here. I want to get to know everyone that works for me not matter what the position," I said.

"Sir who's going be tomorrow watching the building," he asked.

"Don't worry about that. I contacted an agency and they will be sending a few guys over for the weekend to watch the building. The first guy will be coming in about 3 hours. You can show him around and your off for the weekend," I said.

"Thank you Sir," he said.

"Please call me Dominick," I said waving goodbye.

I'm this party for all my employees great. I used to hated going to the parties my father through. It was always filled with people I couldn't stand. Since I've taken over I promised to change all that.

Phone ringing.

"Hello," I said answering the call.

"Dominick good I got you," the voice said.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"It's me Mrs. Mateo," she answered.

"Is something wrong with the planning of the party," I asked confused.

"No no everything is good with the planning of the party. I just called to tell you that my daughter arrived and will be at the house early to complete the final touch," she said.

"Does she need me there?" I asked.

"No! You'll get to met her at party," she said before hanging up.

This is the first time that she hasn't tried to set me up with her daughter. Which I'm glad.