25

25||Dynasty : The Building
“ Opposing forces of nature. ”

The next day, Eun-Ji closed the physician's house and decided to go for a long walk in the capital and hoped that maybe, just maybe she'll find out what she's forgetting.

Eun-Ji smiled a bit, looking down at what she's wearing. It was a pink hanbok. She was so accustomed to seeing herself in clothing of a physician of Hwarang that she felt unusual wearing a casual hanbok.

She fixed her hair and walked out of the gates of Hwarang House.

|| Time Skip ||

“ I think I was just being delusional... ”

“ Stop thinking too much. Do not think people wants to harm you. No one can, Sun Woo will protect you too. ” An Ji told her.

Eun-Ji scoffed. “ He is in the dark. He will want to know why. ”

“ Then why don't you tell him? ”

“ I can't risk it. Two of you already knows my case, I am not going to let anyone know anything anymore. ”

“ You have to, he will protect you. ”

“ If I tell another, would it still be called a secret? I don't think so. ”
Eun-Ji sighed.

|| Time Skip ||

Eun-Ji walked through the crowd, she plan on getting back to Hwarang house but she once again felt watched. She stopped walking and looked back to see people carrying on with their own businesses. She sighed and turned to her front. When she looked ahead, she was met by a man in a mask. She gasped and stared at him, wide eyed.

“ You are a parasite. ” he muttered under the mask.

Eun-Ji's breath hitched. She blinked but when she opened her eyes, there was no one there. She looked around for any signs of him. She looked behind her to see him blending into the crowd.

She breathed in and held her hands in front of her and walked with an impassive face. She could handle the shock but she lost it when someone grabbed her forehand.

“ Get out of here while you can. ” said another man with the same mask.

“ I can't...” she whispered in fear.

The man let go of her forehand and started blending in the crowd.

Eun-Ji watched with fear in her eyes.

|| Time Skip ||

Ji Dwi stared at the wooden desk infront of him as his mind gets flooded with thoughts.

An image of his mother, the Queen flashed in his mind, it wasn't long before he remembered their talk.

“ ...In lines with tradition, Sook Myung will become your bride. ”

“ I cannot, I will choose my own bride. ”

“ Do you still not get it? What you want is irrelevant. ”

The disapproval can be seen in Ji Dwi's eyes. He turned to leave.

“ If you do not want Sook Myung to be your bride, then Ji Eun will be. ”

He froze. He turned around to look at his mother, confusion written on his face.

“ After all, you seem to like her very much. ” a small smile appeared on the Queen's lips.

“ What are you talking about? ” he asked. But somehow, he doesn't want her to speak anymore. He doesn't want her to give him any clue about Ji Eun as if he dreaded hearing anything about her.

The Queen lightly smirked, something she don't usually do. “ Compared to
Ji Eun, Sook Myung is a stranger to you, you don't like her very much but you seem fond of Ji Eun, that is as far as I can get to consider your feelings. ”

He clenched his fist. “ Who is she? ”

“ Let her decide when to show herself. ”

Ji Dwi looked at the cup of water in front of him. He started tapping his fingers on it's side, making the water shake.

Ji Dwi watched as Eun-Ji walk out of the Queen's tent. The look on her face was unlike her usual self. She looked more of a stranger to him. She looked around as if to check if someone is watching. After seeing no one, she put on a small smile on her face, making her look familiar to him. She left and went to the crowd.

“ Pe ha... ”

Ji Dwi looked at Pa-O.

“ Is something bothering you? ”

“ Maybe you are right. ” he said.