Chapter 33: Letting Loose

The rest of homecoming week had consisted of death glares from Kaylee and her little friends, Daniel's family coming over Tiara's house to continue on the legal process, and the removing of about ten more posters that made Tiara and Brandon look like a couple.

She had talked to Cheyenne about it again, but she denied putting them up. Which wasn't hard to believe because the posters were poorly made. She had also shown Tiara the new poster she had created for them. It had the same color scheme as her old ones. The only difference was that there were two separate pictures for Brandon and Tiara. And the phrase below it read: 'VOTE BRANDON AND TIARA FOR KING AND QUEEN'.

It wasn't very influential but it would do.

"Why do you want me to win so badly?" Tiara has asked on Wednesday after school. Her and Cheyenne stayed after to put up the new posters.

Cheyenne tore pieces of tape from off the roll while Tiara stood on top of a chair holding the poster in place. "Because I'm the one who nominated you in the first place. Wouldn't it be kinda wrong to nominate you, then not help you at all?"

Tiara nodded to herself at her answer. She was right.

"Plus, I really don't want Kaylee to win," she admitted.

Tiara laughed. Of course it wasn't just because Cheyenne wanted to be nice. There was always another motive. "Me neither," Tiara agreed. Anger swept her face as she remembered the incident from a few days ago.

"Exactly," Cheyenne said patting the last piece of tape in place. Both girls stepped back to examine the poster. Cheyenne crossed her arms and smiled a devilish smile. "So we won't let her."

Thursday morning, Tiara had guessed Kendra stayed home from school. She wasn't at her locker nor did she come to the orchestra room to end her and Cheyenne's daily route around the school.

"Did you get your dress yet?" Cheyenne asked as they traveled upstairs.

"Yeah," Tiara answered. It was a pretty dress too. The prettiest one she's ever worn to a formal event. But since she was going to be standing in front of hundreds of people that night, her dress had to be extra stunning.

"What color is it?"

"It's a coral color," Tiara said without much focus. Her attention was on Daniel who stood facing a wall on the other side of the school.

"Oooh! That's my favorite color!" Cheyenne exclaimed. She looked around dumbfounded. "Tiara?" She called.

But Tiara was already halfway around the staircase by the time Cheyenne had realized she was gone.

She ducked and dodged through a flood of students making their towards her. They shouted some mean words because those kids didn't play when you messed up their whirl pool.

Tiara had to grunt a few words herself because she came across many couples who acted as if they couldn't separate for two seconds just to let a girl through!

But when Tiara finally reached the wall Daniel was facing, she quickly yanked the poster off the wall, and it came down with a loud rip!

He turned around to see Tiara struggling to ball the poster up while trying to keep it out of sight at the same time. "Did you make this?" he asked.

"No," Tiara insisted. "Cheyenne started making them. Then I told her to stop. So now someone else is making them and putting them all over the school."

Daniel exhaled deeply and shoved his hands in his pockets. Tiara could immediately sense that something was bothering him. The last time she'd seen him like this was when the first altercation with Brandon happened. And she prayed to never see him like this again. "Do you want to be with him?"

"What?" Tiara couldn't believe he'd think such a thing. "What-no, Daniel. I want to be with you."

"Doesn't seem like it."

"What?" Tiara softly said in disbelief. What was going on?

"Why are you so afraid of hurting him if you don't have feelings for him?" Daniel asked the question that's been wandering in the back of his mind since day one.

Tiara remained silent. She wasn't really sure how to answer the question.

This was Daniel's cue to go on. "I see the way you look when he comes around. And I see the way he looks at you every time he lays his eyes on you. If you don't want to be with him, tell him. Straight up," he continued. "I straight up told Ashlyn that I was down for you and only you. And you know how much I hate making girls cry. But when it comes down to you, I do whatever it takes," he waited for a response, but he never got one. "Now it's your turn." And his speech ended with the ringing of the bell.

Everyone shifted directions in the hallway trying to get to first period. The mass of students had walked past a shocked, yet devastated Tiara. And when the mass was cleared, Daniel had cleared with it.