Chapter 26: Pressure

The next morning was an anxious one for Tiara's mind. Her mother had told her that morning that she and her co-worker would be taking the assessment for the director's position that day. Just to see who knows more about the job. Tiara hoped that her mom would score higher than the other lady. But only time will tell.

As Tiara made her way to the orchestra room, she was once again greeted by a bubbly Cheyenne. She was really starting to miss Kendra. They haven't spoken since Saturday. The closest they've gotten to communicating with each other was whenever they would retweet each other's tweets. Or like each other's post on Instagram. But no type of conversation has been made.

"Hey, Tiara," Cheyenne cheerfully spoke as she turned to walk in the same direction.

"Hey, Cheyenne," Tiara replied without much enthusiasm. She turned into the Orchestra room with Cheyenne following close behind.

"What's wrong?" Cheyenne asked. "I'm not a therapist, but I can tell when something's up."

"Nothing," Tiara answered unlocking her locker. "Just gotta lot on my mind."

Cheyenne stood at Tiara's side with her hands rested on her hips. "Like what?" She watched Tiara carefully place the big instrument into the locker. She wondered how in the world a small girl like Tiara could carry that around all day.

"I don't really wanna talk about it," she said standing up after she had locked her locker. "It's petty anyway."

They started towards the door. And Cheyenne was seconds away from objecting Tiara's poor excuse, when they were abruptly met at the doorway with a brick wall. Not literally.  It was just Rachel.

Tiara rolled her eyes and fell back on her heels. She was already tired of this girl and they had just met only a week ago. 

"So Brandon asked you to homecoming?" she said not nearly as threatening as Tiara had expected it to come out to be.

"Yeah. Why?"

"What about the white boy?" Rachel tossed.

Cheyenne scowled at Rachel's choice in adjectives.

"What about him?" Tiara sighed.

"Look. Brandon is like a brother to me. The last thing I need you doin' is playin' him for some white boy," Rachel warned. She took a step closer to Tiara. The way she did the first time they met. "You break his heart. I break you." And with that, she turned from the doorway and left; leaving Cheyenne gaping, and Tiara in an even worse mood than before. 

"What the h*ll was that about?!" Cheyenne found herself almost shouting.

They walked out of the room as Tiara shrugged. "She hates me for no reason."

"So what are you going to do about Brandon?"

"I don't even know," she ran her hand through her hair in distress. "This is getting so old. I'm tired of this back and forth bull crap."

"Trust me girl. After Friday, this'll all be over." Cheyenne encouraged placing an arm around her friend's shoulder.

"What makes you so sure?" Tiara grinned.

"Because I have faith... Unlike somebody I know."

Tiara laughed. "Whatever."

"Did you finish the video?" Tiara asked Cheyenne as they walked into their first period class.

"Not yet," Cheyenne answered placing her books on her side of the table. "I already put all the clips on Movie Maker. I just need to add effects and do some editing. I'll have it done my tomorrow though."