Chapter 23: Deciveness

"I'm sure it was nothing," Cheyenne assured Tiara as they walked through the front door of Cheyenne's house. She threw her keys on the table and walked over to the refrigerator. 

Tiara made her way over to the marbled counter and sat on the stool she had sat on the last time she was there. "Well I'm not! I know that girl!"

Cheyenne reached down and pulled out the mini cartoon that sat on the floor of the refrigerator. "I know her too," Cheyenne declared grabbing an apple. She sounded slightly offended, and Tiara felt her head jerk back in shock. "And if Daniel really liked you, which I'm sure he does," she rolled her eyes. "he wouldn't do anything with that girl." The fridge door slammed shut and Cheyenne walked past Tiara and over to the table to grab her purse and books. After she had gotten her stuff, she headed out the kitchen and up the stairs. She didn't even offer her an apple! Tiara remained seated, not sure what to do. Cheyenne was in one of her unnecessary catty moods again, and Tiara never knew what to say to her at these times.

Moments after Tiara had been sitting, wondering what in the world could be wrong with Cheyenne, she surprisingly showed up at the doorway of the kitchen. "Are you coming or...?" she asked raising her eyebrows. But before Tiara could answer she was already making her way back up stairs. Tiara rolled her eyes and picked up her belongings to follow.

"And your problem is?" Tiara asked walking through Cheyenne's bedroom door. She was sitting on her carpet eating her apple and texting whomever. Tiara sat down across from her in front of the door.

"Close the door," Cheyenne commanded with a mouth full of unchewed apple. Tiara stretched her hand out behind her and leaned back to close the door. "And nothing," Cheyenne said as if she couldn't understand why Tiara thought something was wrong in the first place. "This stupid project is just frustrating the sh*t outta me." 

"How's it frustrating you?" Tiara asked removing her purse from off her shoulder. 

Cheyenne swallowed her snack,  then placed her phone on the floor beside her. She opened her chemistry book to remove the script she had printed out and handed it over to Tiara. "I can't think of a good ending. And I'm trying to make it to where it relates wholly to the lesson."

Tiara flipped to the last page of the script. Her eyes went straight down to the last sentence. She was right. There needed to be a concluding ending. "What about...," Tiara commenced. " 'Then suddenly, Joanne soon realized that even though she and Larry were two completely different compounds, whenever they were with each other, they made the perfect mixture. The end'." 

Cheyenne stared at Tiara for a minute, taking in the wording. She slowly began to nod, "Yeah..yeah! That's actually really good!" She grabbed the paper from Tiara and started to copy down what Tiara had said unto the bottom of the page. Once she was finished, she re-read the whole last line of the script and smiled in awe. "That's a beautiful ending!"

Tiara placed her hand over her chest and looked up at the ceiling. "I try." Cheyenne laughed. 

"Come on," she said standing up from her Indian Style position. "Let's start recording."

"Where are we going?" Tiara asked. She quickly took her books off of her lap and placed them in front of her.

"To the backyard," an excited Cheyenne said from the hallway. 

Tiara giggled. "Hold on!" She stood up to leave the room, but her attention was immediately caught by a short ring. She tapped her pocket to see if it was her phone. It wasn't. She noticed that the phone on the ground had lit up and she moved in closer to the phone to see. It was a text from Cheyenne's best friend. Given that she had who ever it was saved in her contacts as 'Bestie' with two heart Emojis beside it.