It's Cold Outside It's Pouring Down Rain And There's No Way Home. This Sucks.

Chapter Three

It's Cold Outside, It's Pouring Down Rain, And There's No Way Home. This Sucks.

Lassiter dragged an unconscious Shawn underneath a large tree to take cover from the rain. He held a shivering Clara, who was very scared.

"It's okay, Clara. We'll figure a way out of this." He soothed.

"Carlton, there's something I should tell you." Lassiter knew what she was talking about.

"I know. I found out just before I left." She looked at him.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I didn't know what to say."

"That's why you left me, isn't it?"

"Don't say that. You know it's not true."

"Yes it is. You know it is. I know the thought of being a father scares you." He thought to tell her about Lilly, but decided against it.

"You listen to me Clara Winslow. I did not leave because of you. It was because of me. I knew I wasn't right for you, and as much as it hurt to let you go, I didn't want to ruin your chance at happiness."

"But I was happy. With you." They looked each other in the eye for a long time before they were interrupted by the sound of Shawn groaning.

"Ow." He muttered.

"You alright, Spencer?" Lassiter asked monotonously.

"No. I think I hit my head on a rock."

"Carlton, who is this?" Clara asked.

"Clara, this is Shawn Spencer. He's a detective who works for the SBPD."

"Psychic detective." He sat up and held out his hand. Clara shook it reluctantly.

"No he's not."

"Lassie, why must you be a nonbeliever?"

"Right now, Spencer, we need to get moving."

"It's still raining."

"A little rain never hurt anybody."

"Where do we go? I don't think we should go back up the slope, that guy could be there. And if we go deeper into the woods, we could get eaten by a wolf."

"There are no wolves in San Francisco." Lassiter retorted.

"Alright, we could get kidnapped by Bigfoot." Lassiter rolled his eyes.

"Well, we can't just sit here."

"Dude, my head is killing me. Do you have any aspirin?"

"No, I do not have any aspirin."

"Huh. I figured you of all people would."

"Why me of all people?"

"Because surely all of my antics and tomfoolery have given you several headaches by now."

"And, I must say, those moves you pulled back at the warehouse were actually kind of impressive." Shawn smiled.

"You weren't too bad yourself."

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

"My dad taught me way too much self defense. I kinda made something more out of it. I think I taught myself Tai-Chi and Krav Maga." Lassiter scoffed.

"Alright. I'm going back up there to search the area. You two stay here."

"Lassie, you could get killed." Lassiter didn't say a word. He just got up, readying his pistol. He slowly walked up the slope, ready to fire. These bastards would not get away with this. Because they hurt Clara. And now he was going to hurt them back.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES! I have been so obsessed with SuperWhoLock and it just slipped my mind! But, now that I'm blocked, I've got plenty of time for my other stuff :) Give me feedback!