Stranded

Chapter Two

                                            Stranded

        As much as Lassiter hated it, he brought Shawn with him, knowing there would be no stopping him. Once they arrived at the warehouse, Lassiter readied his weapon. He turned to look at Shawn.

        "Now I mean it, Spencer. Wait out here while I go check it out. Do I make myself clear?"

        "Crystal." Although Lassiter didn't quite fully trust him, he decided to take his word for it. He got out of his car and cautiously approached the warehouse. Fortunately, there was no lock on the door. With his back against the wall, Lassiter slowly opened the door. He looked inside, holding his gun out in front of him. He saw a woman strapped to a chair. She was facing away from him, but he could tell it was Clara. Next to the chair was a damaged phone. It seemed to have been shot. That would explain the gunshot he heard. He went to free Clara, who was badly injured. He removed the duct tape from her mouth.

        "Clara." He whispered. She began to stir. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Lassiter. 

        "Carlton." She mumbled.

        "Shh. It's okay. I'll get you out of here."

        "Trap." Lassiter looked at her.

        "What?" Suddenly, A man walked in with Shawn in his grasp. Damn it, Spencer. Another man grabbed Lassiter from behind. He managed to get Lassiter's weapon out of his hand.

        "Well, well. We're gonna have some fun, aren't we?" The man holding Lassiter mocked.

        "Guess we are." The other agreed. They both chuckled. Lassiter looked at Clara. He hated seeing her in pain. This was a girl he cared about. And you don't mess with someone Carlton Lassiter cares about. But before Lassiter could do anything, Shawn started laughing.

        "I guess you're right. But not as much fun as I'm about to have." The man holding Shawn had him in a bear hug, so he saw an opportunity. (Sorry I wasn't able to describe the "opportunity", just know that Shawn kicked his ass.) The man holding Lassiter was holding the gun to his head.

        "Make one wrong move, and this bullet goes straight through his skull." Shawn put his hands up in surrender. Shawn looked at Lassiter, knowing he had a trick up his sleeve. (Again, sorry, Lassie just really kicked ass.) With the two men unconscious on the floor, Lassiter managed to free Clara.

        "Lassie, I outta tell you, that guy wasn't too friendly with your car." Lassiter gave Shawn a look that would make even the toughest of criminals cry.

        "Spencer, you tell me right now, what in the hell did that rat bastard do to my car?" Shawn decided to just show him. His beloved Ford Fusion had been seriously tampered with. His tires were slashed, his police radio was gone, according to Shawn, his phone was destroyed. Luckily, Lassiter still had his cell phone. Although, when he reached in his pocket and pulled it out, the batteries seemed to be dead.

        "Great! What now?" Shawn asked. Lassiter checked his car for his spare pistol. Fortunately, it was still in there. Already fully loaded. Suddenly, they heard a gunshot from inside the warehouse. It was the man who was holding Shawn earlier. The three of them had no choice but to take cover in the trees. They were all running down a long slope, until Shawn tripped and fell, causing them all to lose their balance. They all tumbled down the hill until they stopped at the bottom. The fall caused them to get several bruises and small cuts. And, just to make things worse, it started to rain. Shawn could hear Lassiter yelling at him, but he couldn't make out any words. On the way down, Shawn hit his head pretty badly on a large rock. It was possible he had a concussion, but he couldn't be sure. He opened his eyes, only barely, and saw Lassiter. He couldn't hear anything he was saying. And soon, Shawn was unconscious.

Chapter Two, off my to do list! Don't worry, Shawn will be fine, just with a major headache! Ouch!