Chapter Eight

I wake up.

I wake up to a blurry sight with figures on the ground. I grab my glasses, take away the hairs in front of my face, and put them on.

Jungkook and Jimin laying dead asleep on the ground. 

D-Did they sleep over? 

Surrounding them are empty soda cans, scattered playing cards, and boxes of board games.

I decide to let them sleep and I checked my phone for notifications. 

~~~~~~~~~~

1 E-mail from twitter.com
2 Notifications from Instagram
27 Calls from Mom
12 Texts from Mom

~~~~~~~~~~

Why so many calls and texts from mom? Is something wrong?

I quickly go to my messaging app to see what she has texted.

----------

Mom: Hae Won

Mom: Hae Won

Mom: Please reply

Mom: Hello

Mom: Hello

Mom: Where r u?

Mom: Hello

Mom: Hae Won

Mom: Come home quick

Mom: Please

Mom: Your dad

Mom: He's in the hospital

----------

T-The hospital? Tears ran down from my eyes as I read the last text. I have to leave. Now.

I wiped my tears and put down my phone. 

I looked up and Jungkook was awake.

"H-Hae Won? What's wrong?" he said as he went to sit next to me, trying not to step on Jimin.

"I-I have to leave. Right now." I said in a shaky voice.

"I'll go with you. Jimin and I will go."

"It's fine. I'll go alone. My dad's in the hospital."

"What? No! Jimin and I are going with you." he said as he shook Jimin's shoulder to wake him up.

"Fine. But we have to leave... like right now."

"Okay. Jimin. Wake up, we're going to Incheon for a bit."

We all stood up and went to go get our things.

Oh, God. What happened to dad? I kept asking myself that as I got everything.

I put on a jacket and took a small backpack and took everything I needed.

I texted Soo Yun:

----------

Hae Won: soo yun, i'm going to incheon. dad's in the hospital and jungkook and jimin are coming. can you take care of areum until i'm back? you have a key to my apartment right? you should. thanks in advance

----------

I quickly put on my shoes and rushed to the door. I quickly stopped and started to think if I had everything I needed. 

Clothes? No, I'll just use mom's if I need to. We aren't going to be there long, right?

"Areum! I'll be back soon, okay? Auntie Soo Yun will take care of you!" I said and waved to her in a shaky voice.