Chapter Two

Three years later...

I felt something slobbery on my face. 

I-Is someone kissing me? This early in the morning? No! It can't be. Why is my face so sticky? Why does it smell like bad morning breath?

I opened my eyes. 

It was too blurry. I couldn't see anything. 

I put my glasses on, and-

Oh. It was my dog, Areum! 'Areum' means beautiful in Korean. 

I wiped my face on my shirt and pat my dog on her head.

"Let's go eat breakfast, Areum!" I said.

Areum barked happily and went along.

I cooked myself eggs, bacon, and sausage, with also a side of rice! I also made myself some hot coffee to drink with my food. I gave Areum her regular soft food and we both ate our own meals side by side. 

I did my normal morning routine on my phone. e-mails, social media, and messages. 

|| One message from Soo Yun ||

----------

Soo Yun: girlll wya? can i come over before school?

Hae Won: sureeee im not gonna cook you anything though lol

Soo Yun: ugh whatever im gonna get some food before i get there. ill be there in 15 mins

Hae Won: alright

----------

I washed Areum and I's dishes and waited for Soo Yun to come over. As I was washing the dishes, I looked at Areum on the couch. She was dead asleep. Why is she so sleepy at this time in the morning? What an inactive dog. But I couldn't really say anything...

Because, same.

I live by myself since I'm now in college studying graphic designing. It's pretty boring here. That's why I got a dog! Areum makes me happy and she's my best friend! Even though she sleeps most of the time, I still love her, haha. I've had her for about a year now, and she really does keep me company. 

I go to school here in Seoul. My family still lives in Incheon, not too far from here, so I visit them here and there. They're really telling me to find a boyfriend soon and start my life, but I don't know if I'm ready yet. But the right time will come soon, I hope. 

The doorbell rang and I looked through the intercom's camera. It was Soo Yun! I let her in and I could tell Areum was really excited. 

I hugged Soo Yun and Areum greeted her with kisses! 

"Who's that guy moving in next door?" Soo Yun asked.

"There's a new guy? I don't know?"

"Yeah. He looks about our age!"

"Was he with anyone else?"

"Yeah, I think so. His hair was dyed blonde and he was shorter than him."

"Ah, really?"

"We should get to know them!" 

"Yeah, we should soon!"

I smelled something gross. It smelled so foul. 

I looked at Areum.

There she was.