20. He Gets Between You and Your Best Friend

*TUMBLR*

Niall: You looked down at the text message that had just appeared on your phone, interrupting the reply that you were typing out to your friend. "come over and watch spiderman with me?" Niall had texted and tacked on a few emojis at the end. The bad thing in this situation was that your best friend had just texted you to ask if you would go shopping with her for the party she was hosting in a few days. But with the interruption of Niall's text, you changed your mind to go hang out with him, blowing your best friend off for him. "I can't go shopping today my ankle hurts a bit" was the sad excuse you sent her. "I'm sure thats what it is y/n. tell niall I said fuck you" Your jaw dropped at the animosity in her words and when you did go over to Niall's house, you showed him the message.

Harry: His voice was chattering away in your ear, telling you a funny thing that had happened in the past few hours that you'd gone without seeing each other. He was finally back on tour and this time it was far away from you, so you were going to make sure that you got every single one of his calls and texts. That of course was displeasing to your best friend who was sitting beside you, finally able to spend some time with you now that Harry was away for just a short while, and all you'd done since you arrived at her home was talk to Harry on the phone. Finally when the call ended so he could get ready for that night's show, you turned to look at your friend just to see that she was glaring at you. "What?" You slid your phone into your purse, now all of your attention focused on her. "Really, Y/N? My first time seeing you in weeks because of Harry and then you talk to him on the phone instead of actually spending time with me? I can't deal with you right now. Leave." She was clearly pissed off, so you grabbed your purse and left, figuring that maybe she needed some time to cool off.

Louis: She'd asked you to come to this party with her since she knew no one, but it was rumored to be the best party of the year and she'd scored an invite. You'd been inside the building for five minutes at the most, and then you spotted Louis on the other side of the room. "Oh, there's Louis! You'll be fine if I go talk to him, right? Thanks!" And then you ran off, wrapping your arms around Louis and kissing his cheek. She bit her lip and looked around, hoping that maybe there would be someone she knew at the party, but then she realized that she really didn't know anyone there. She barely even knew you anymore. Before you were dating Louis, you would leave her alone to go try and get to know him. When you began dating him, somehow all of the nights that you'd made plans together on were also the only night's that Louis had available for you and he to go on dates on. She was tired of it, so instead of waiting for you to eventually turn your attention back to her, she turned to the door and left.

Liam: It's not like he meant to do it, not completely. How was he supposed to know that your friend also liked him? Then that night when the two of you and him and a few others were out at Funky Buddha, he kissed you spontaneously, and it happened to be right in front of her. Well, obviously you kissed him back and then you went home with him, leaving her to find her own way home while she was drunk and furious with you. And then you and Liam began dating and she didn't want to be around you anymore because you were always with him and disgustingly cute together. Just like most people, she didn't want to be around the guy she really liked and his girlfriend, especially when that girlfriend of his was a traitor to her trust.

Zayn: He was always doing this thing, almost as if he was jealous, where if you were spending time with anyone else but him whenever he was present, he would come over and interrupt. With most people, it didn't bother them all that much because they weren't around the two of you together too often. Then there's your best friend and as your best friend, she tried to spend as much time with you as possible. Zayn didn't exactly like that apparently. If you were at the place you shared with Zayn and you had her over, he would always sit between the two of you and try and redirect your conversations, he would send her to go get him a drink or something, and a few times he blatantly asked her to leave. After a little while, she just stopped coming around and that's when you realized that maybe there was something wrong.