Chapter 8

I got my answer a few days later. I was handed over the throne. I did not expect or want it. But I knew I had to take it. It belonged to Alek. I would lead until he became of age. Nathan never made it. I took his life before he had a chance. I didn't know at the time but his time was coming. His 25th birthday. That night it was being handed over. I murdered my husband when he was only a 24 year old prince. Weeks before he would turn 25 and become king. Since technically I'm his wife I would become queen. Funny how I never thought about when he was alive and didn't think about until they gave it to me. My first order of business was banning Andrew. Yes I was hated by many of his followers but I was doing this for Nathan. I was getting rid of the man that turned him into a monster. That was my only way of paying him back for taking his life. I never found out what Andrew did to his wife and Nathan and truthfully I didn't want to know. It had to be pretty bad. Nathan was a loving husband in the beginning. I guess something just snapped inside him. Wether it was me being his mate, being married to me what I don't know and I'll never know. I ruled the way Nathan would had. With a delicate stern hand. Every decision I made I thought about what Nathan would have done. Every penalty I had to make I thought about what Nathan would have done. Every law I had to make I thought about Nathan would have done. Everything I did revolved around Nathan. The second thing I did was fire all the female staff that slept with my husband. I didn't need a whore working for me. Face it if you sleep with a married man and you know he's married. YOUR A WHORE! In my book. The sad thing was my best friend since diapers was sleeping with him. No, I didn't know who he was sleeping with and didn't care to know. I didn't even know he knew her. Sure she came to visit a few times but he was always busy to meet her. When I found out. Let's just say I was livid. Not only were they screwing each other but she was his constant lay. Even had her AN APARTMENT! Set up in town for her. How I found out was by accident. I was looking at the finance book when I seen the word LOVE in red letters and an address. Yes love. So I went to go check it out and there she was. I stood there stunned flabbergasted. How could she?

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Ummm umm." she stuttered.

"Don't tell me your his whore?"

"No I'm the love of his life." she sneered. I knew that wasn't true.

"Nope just an easy fuck he decided to keep around."

"You murdered my fiancé." she sneered. I laughed. No matter what he did I knew he wasn't going to marry someone else. I was his mate and wife after all.

"Let me see the ring."

"Well he wasn't able to get me one considering you murdered him."

"Right. How long were you his little fuck buddy?" no answer. "Thought so. You were nothing but a high priced hooker. I want you out of this place within the hour."

"You can't do that."

"Oh but I can and will."

"That's okay I still have his bank account."

"Afraid not street whore. Closed." I snickered. Let's just say she doesn't have the apartment anymore or the bank account he had for her. And is now living in a very comfortable cardboard box. The third thing I done was hire new staff members. Rocelle became my assistant and Anthony an advisor. You ask why I hired these people. I trusted them plus they've been around this stuff longer than me. I had Nathan Daniel Wolf Jr. not long later. It was hard. Then my parents moved into the palace with us. It got so much easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!