Heart and Soul

I was so excited. I'm 18 the age of finding your mate. I'm going to the future king of werewolves 21st birthday party. I get to go to the castle. I get to wear a beautiful ball gown. How we got invited to this was beyond me. We aren't royalty. We are just your everyday run of the mill werewolves. I wasn't complaining though I was just happy to go. I have never got to do anything like this before. So I was going to enjoy it. My parents and I got a hotel got dressed and left. I was beyond ecstatic. I wasn't going to find my mate. Nope I was going to enjoy myself. Who cares about finding your mate when you get to go to a ball and wear a beautiful gown. When you get to go to the castle. When you get to meet the actual king himself and the prince. Yeah nothing can beat that. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wasn't going to pass it up. It's the king and prince of werewolves. The queen died years ago of cancer before the prince was 6 I do believe. Well that's what I was told. When we arrived I fell in love with the castle. See I'm going to go to collage and get my masters degree in architecture. That's another reason why I'm not so keen on finding my mate. I have plans. I want to go to collage start my own business. Live my life first. We were greeted and announced. Why they had to announce us was beyond me. Whatever. I walked into the palace and had a heart attack. The place was gorgeous the design was magnificent. Each structure had its own design. Every carve was precise. It was all around amazing. Me and my parents landed up splitting up. I didn't mind I was to busy admiring the architecture of the place. I was walking from room to room. That we were allowed in anyway. Just admiring. A few men walked and talked with me. Mostly about the architecture. What it's my lifelong dream. I could talk about this stuff all day long and never be tired of it. We were called into the ballroom when the king and prince showed up. He was gorgous. Black hair the most beautiful blue eyes. You could get lost in them for days. Can you say late? Yeah they were several hours late but I guess they could get away with that sort of stuff. Nobody really seemed to mind. Either that or just wasn't showing it. Me I didn't care I was to lost on the palace. I just wish they would let me in on some more rooms. Each room that I've been in so far had its own design. Each one was more beautiful then the next. The king made a speech said happy birthday to his son. Then the prince made a speech thanked everyone for coming. Then the ball really got started. The band played all sorts of music. From classic to slow hip hop. I danced with several men enjoying my time. Each guy was as good looking as the next. But not my cup of tea. I wasn't that boy crazy. Sure I knew a good looking guy when I saw one but I could live without them. I danced, I talked, I meet new people. Then I bumped into him. The last person I wanted to meet. My mate. What was I going to do now. I had school I wanted to go to. I wanted to live a little. I knew once I meet him it was all going to change. Maybe just maybe I would get lucky and he would let me go. He would understand that I wanted to finish school. That I wanted a life before I settled down. Maybe at the very least he would just let me go to school. See when you find your mate. Life changes. You live for each other. You love each other. Your whole perspective on life changes. I was to hard headed to realized that. And I knew once we touched it would be all over.

"Care to dance?" he asked. His voice was husky, sexy, silky enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Sure." Why I said that was beyond me. I was going to say no. I really was. But I got lost in his eyes. I should have never of looked. It was the most dumbest thing I've ever done. And when we touched. It was over. He said the words I didn't want to hear.

"Your her. My mate." I groaned internally. So to be polite I just nodded and smiled. We danced to a few slow songs. I really didn't want to talk. I wanted to run and hide. After we danced he took me outside and we......talked. Yeah so much for not wanting to talk. We asked each other questions, we talked about nonsense, we joked, we kiss. Yes kissed. No we weren't moving to fast. I've seen mates kiss two seconds after they meet. When my parents called me thru our mind link and told me it was time to go. I high tailed it out of there with an 'I'm sorry gotta go'. I ignored his calls for me. I left him with nothing. Not even a name. I jumped in our car that my parents rented then left. We went straight to the hotel. The next morning we left bright and early. The only thing on my mind was I hope luck was on my side and he wouldn't find me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!