O9

a u s t i n

My eyes fluttered open and I scanned the place I was in. A hospital room. I tried to recall what happened to me but I wasn't able to. I mean who would be able to think properly when you have a massive headache.

I looked around, there was sunlight seeping through the window blinds. It's a great morning, I thought, too bad I a
was in a hospital room. I examined myself, there was a needle deeply pierced into my skin. That should've had hurt a lot when they injected it. I looked to my side and saw a girl with brown wavy hair holding my hand.

That's not Gwen...

I squinted my eyes as if I could see better and I finally recognized her...she was my mother.

It's been a long time since I saw her. Her hair was dyed lighter than the usual brown. Her hand was holding my hand.

I stretched a bit since my back was hurting like hell. She must've felt my hand move because all of a sudden, she woke up. Once she opened her eyes, I gave her a weak smile. She immediately hugged me from the side.

"Honey, oh my god. Austin, I missed you so much!" She squealed in excitement. She attacked me with her comforting kisses and smiled at me. That was the same smile she showed me when I got signed.

"AUSTIN! HONEY! ARE YOU FEELING ANY BETTER -"

I cut her off, "Yes mom, I actually feel a lot better now." I forced a smile. I rolled my eyes at her sudden affection which caused her to chuckle.

I heard a person groan in the background and it definitely wasn't my mom. "Who was that?" I asked out of curiosity. "Oh...just your friend since fifth grade." She grinned at me while she moved out of the way and there he was. Alex. He was the only friend of mine who stayed through everything I have been through and I couldn't thank him enough.

"ALEX!!! BRO!!!" I opened my arms for him to hug me. "AUSTIN!! I MISSED YOU!! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME!!" He patted my back as we hugged.

My mom coughed in an "excuse me" manner and we both turned our heads towards her - which actually made me a little dizzy, "Okay, okay, the amount of androgen or testosterone in this room is too much for me to handle, so I'm just gonna go outside to give y'all some time to catch up!!!" Alex and I looked at each other and started laughing at how funny and hilarious my mother is.

"Alright mom, see ya!" I waved her goodbye whilst trying to control my laughter. The laughter soon died down and was replaced by silence. The peaceful kind.

"So, any new chicks?" Alex nudged my arm playfully. "Eh, nah." I shrugged. "What do you mean by nah?" He replied mocking my voice.

"I mean, nah!" I smiled at him. "So then who's the girl who brought you here?" His smile was immediately replaced by a smirk. Damn. I was trying to avoid that. "Um-erm-eh-ugh-she's Gwen." I was nervous. I had no reason to be nervous. But, I just am. And I don't know why either. "Ooooooooooo." Alex said looking at me intently in the eye. "What?" I chuckled.

"You only get nervous talking about girls when you feel something, so that says something Austin." He chuckled. "Yeah, yeah yeah. Speaking of Gwen, where is she?" I questioned.

Where is Gwen? I recalled the events of last night and it finally got to me. Her psychotic boyfriend punched me right on my face which knocked me out. But where did Gwen go?

"Eh, I don't know man." Alex shrugged.

!"Oh." Oh was all I could say. She left me when I needed her the most. Why did I even trust her? The events of last night must've been a set up. I mean why would Gwen text me to go there? I knew it. I shouldn't have let my guard down that easily. Tate and Gwen are probably making "love" right now, for all I know. Jeez, I should stop thinking of her for just one minute.