Chapter 17 Long overdue

How in the hell did I go two weeks without texting Caroline! She's probably gone insane trying to get ahold of me. I guess it just slipped my mind I mean I did just lose my mom in a freak accident which caused me to go into hiding because some Russian dude wants me and my family dead! But in other news I wonder how she's doing..we didn't exactly leave off on good terms the last time we spoke.

My thoughts continue to race as I pace the new furnished bedroom that I claimed a few days ago.

After the way things went with Damian, I decided to move to another room on the floor above him. He surprisingly let me go without a fight, didn't even turn to look at me. He just walked out and didn't come back for hours.

I don't have time to think about that right now. The explosion at my house has been all over the news days. I'm surprised Caroline hasn't tried to get in touch with me.

I gotta say, with all the people that I've managed to lose and push away over the years, I have this strange feeling that I need her right now and if I don't talk to her soon I feel like I might go crazy and do something stupid.

"I need to find my phone."

Without a second thought I run to the door that is already partially open and race down the stairs to Damian's room.

I slip on the rug leading to his door and catch myself with a squeal.

"Heh glad no one saw that," My giggling stops when I realize that my hand is about to knock on his door. When do I ever knock?

I grab the door knob and it doesn't budge.  It's locked...

Okay what the hell is going on here.

I ball my fist and go to bang on the door when a high pitched 15 year old giggle throws me off guard.

Oh?

I lean my ear to the door, brushing a few strands back from of my earlobe to get a better listen.

"Hushwehehewh."

It's hard to hear anything. This door is way too thick. But from what I can hear it sounds like a woman.

Young..around Damian's age.

"You're so bad." Is all I hear before I release a round of bangs against the thick piece of wood that depresses the three of us.

That. Stupid. Idiot.

"OPEN THE DOOR."

The whispering comes to a stop and someone shuffles around. And then there's a thump!

The rustling starts back up and soon the door creaks open. Before anyone can stop me from getting in I push my way through with all my might.

The broad has the nerve to scream and Damian does nothing but cover himself up next to her. I don't even look at them. I came for better things.

"Rachel what are you loo-!" He screams, but I ignore him.

"Don't." I yell pointing a finger at him.

"Who the hell is she?" She whispers in his ear but I can hear her. Who yells when they whisper?

"I am nobody. I just came to get something. Please. Proceed."

"Are you insane?"

"Okay she's crazy. I'm out of here."

"No. Just-"

I shake my head and laugh at how pathetic they both look. I mean she clearly doesn't want to stay here.

My mind races as run back and forth across the room throwing everything around like a human tornado.