Chapter Fifteen

Three hours...

The amount of time it took for my to lose everything. My mom. My house. My family.

Gone.

I glance around the dark room trying to remember how I ended up here. One day I'm having a sleepover with perfect attendance. The next I'm being kidnapped, thrown in dark rooms, beaten by men I don't even know, and carried out of a house that's seconds away from become a land mine. What kind of life is this?

When we arrived from my house a few hours ago, or maybe even days Damian carried me back to his bedroom so that we could be alone. When my back touched the headboard all the feeling just let left my body. I couldn't speak. Or look at anyone. Just stared at ahead into nothingness.

I remember him asking me if I was okay and if I wanted to talk, but instead of answering I simply just turned my head and stared out the window.

Seems like so much time has passed since he gave up and left me here. In this dark room.

Am I wrong for shutting him out? I can't help that I learned to mask my emotions at a young age. At the age of 12 I lost my best Friend. I watched his cold lifeless figure hang from his bathroom shower.

How can you I adapt to life when your one reason for staying alive, shattered his own bulb? To go without hearing their voice or seeing them light up about all the little things that at the moment don't even matter or just simply breathing and having them around? It was hard to adapt, but back then I had someone who helped carry me through it. She stood by me through every emotional breakdown, every nightmare, every verbal beating that I took. And now I have to go through all that pain again, but this time without my only savior. The woman who birthed me, breathed life into me. 18 years. That's all I got. And now every memory I'v ever had with her will only have been 18 years full.

My father isn't an option for someone to turn to. He's the one who is behind all of this. If he isn't then why wasn't he there? He would have called by now. Or at least sent out a search police to come look for me. To make sure that I was okay right? I groan trying to wrap my head around all this.

I clutch my pillow close to my chest and breathe in to control my emotions.

"It's not working." I choke out with a gasp. A hiccup escapes my lips and soon I'm full out sobbing like a girl who's just had her heart ripped out her chest.

I slowly bring my head up and slowly let my eyes linger around this underlit bedroom bringing my knees up to my chest. I grip the blankets beneath my feet continuing to let the silent sobs out and pull them over my face completely concealing me from the world.

"I just wanna go home," Shaking uncontrollably, I bury my face into my pillow and silently wake until sleep consumes my being.

Is this what it feels like to be a lost cause?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch as the sun the sun sets for the third time in three days. For some reason it feels amazing every time it happens. Like a miracle is being created when the sun comes up and then later being put to sleep as the day comes to an end.

I haven't spoken to Castellano since he brought me up here. He's probably going crazy trying to figure out who's behind all this. I don't blame him. It was so unexpected.