Chapter 14

L E O N

No one said a word. They just stood there awkwardly. I rubbed the back of my neck as I started to feel hot. I always got so uncomfortable in awkward silence. It just makes you want to scream.

"Oh..."

His father said looking sad. Vlad just looked down and I could feel through the bond he felt rejected.

His mother just stared at her son and seemed more shocked than anything.

"B-but you have been dating that girl for such a long time! What happened?"

She spoke. Vlad sighed and rubbed his face.

"I met my fated mate, that's what happened."

His mother gasped and a smile started to come out on her face.

"You did?!"

Vlad smiled, feeling more reassured at his mother's reaction. His father still looked sad but smiled for his son.

"Well Vlad, as long as you're happy, I'm happy."

He said clapping his son's back.

"Now where is my daughter-in-law?"

He said making Vlad flinch. I could feel the nervousness fly from him. I decided to step in, and I walked up to Vlad and smiled.

His mother scowled at me.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing? This is a family-"

She stopped when she saw me take Vlad's hand and squeeze. She connected the dots and looked at her son.

"This is..."

She asked him. He nodded and pulled me closer. He looked at his father whose eyes were just wide.

"Guys. Meet Leon, my mate."

Said Vlad standing up straighter. He put the arm he was using to hold my hand around my waste and set his hand on my stomach.

"Oh my gosh."

Said his mother. She just looked shocked.

"Sorry son, you're just the last person who I thought would have a male mate. Hell, I thought Vincent would suck dick before you do."

I could not help but burst out laughing at that. Her son nudged his mother, making her laugh. She put her head in her palms and sighed. I looked at Vlad's father and smiled. He smiled back and shook his head.

"Wow, Okay, this is a shock."

He said laughed as well. He frowned a second later and groaned.

"So, it's really over with Amethyst? "

He said making Vlad nod. He groaned but sighed okay.

"Her father is going to be pissed at me. He was expecting you guys to be married."