Chatper Three: Labor

I walked into my kitchen to see my older sister on the floor and my mom screaming. I let go of my stick and went to her side.

"Is she in labor?" I asked them. My mom just nodded.

"Well what are you waiting for!? Get her in the car!" I helped her up making her put all her wait on me.

I walked outside to see her husband in the car waiting for her. My mom quickly opens the back door for me and I got in first. My sister was breathing heavily. Marc was still outside, I motioned him to sit on my lap so my sister got some space. Everyone got in the car and we rushed to hospital. We got there in 5 minutes considering that we were speeding and no one seemed to notice because of Marisa's screams. I felt bad. I have her my hand and let her squeeze it. I instantly regret it. Never give a hormonal women that is in labor your hand. I got out of the car and put Marc on the ground. I was about to help Marisa out but Jake, her husband was already carrying her to the hospital. I gave Marc to my mom and ran passed them and Marisa. I entered the hospital and went to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" the women at the front desk asked me.

"You can help me by helping my sister that is currently in labor." As if on cue Jake ran in with Marisa in his hands.

The nurse picked up her phone and punched in numbers. A few minutes later they had Marisa on a stretcher and then moved to a bed. The rolled her into a hallway but I couldn't see her after that. She had Jake with her so I let out a huge sigh.

"Thank you." I said to the women and walked away.

My mom and brother were waiting for me right beside me. I grabbed Marc's little hand and walked to the waiting room. I sat down placing Marc on my lap and then my mom sat beside me.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" I asked her.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." my mom gave my a tired smile.

I looked at my watch and it read 5:27 not to late. I looked down at Marc and to my surprise he was sleeping. I looked up at mom and laughed, she laughed along with me.

"OMG I'm going to be an Aunty!" I said just realizing it.

"And I'm going to be a grandma." my mom said with enthusiasm in her voice. "That also means I'm getting older." she murmured.

I just rolled my eyes at her. Time went slow I seriously had nothing better to do than watch Spongebob on the TV. Suddenly Jake came rushing in with a goofy smile on his face.

"Did it come out?!" I blurted out. He gave me a weird look. "What! Is the baby out of her womb or what?" he just nodded yes.

I jumped to my feet with Marc still in my arms and ran with Jake. Mom was close behind us. He took us to a room which Marisa was asleep in. There was a tiny crib right beside her so I tip toed to it. There was a baby wrapped in a pink blanket showing that it was a girl. I smiled. Marc woke up and looked for himself.

"Is that the baby!?" he asked a little bit to loudly. I put my index finger to my mouth and nodded yes. He squealed and let him self down. I ran my finger across my new niece's cheek. I wonder what her name should be.

Okay I know it's short but The next update will be a longer one! Any idea's what the babies name should be? -Chay