Ch. 5 - Liam

"Oh. Zayn. Um, hey. Is there a problem?" Jamie asked while I heard shuffling around in the background.

"No, it's just, my friend, Liam." I replied.

"What about your friend?"

"Well, I guess when he met the twins, he started to think about adoption. He says that he might want an eleven year old. I'm not sure if he wants a boy or girl because he didn't seem all too sure." The shuffling stopped.

"We have a few eleven year olds. Whenever he's ready, send him over to the orphanage."

"Great. Thank you. And, if I may ask, what are you doing?"

"Oh, um, I'm organizing things."

"At the orphanage?"

"Actually no. I moved into my own flat. My parents live there."

"Oh. So, uh, I'll talk to you later then?"

"Yeah. Later."

"Night." I hung up and turned the car. Pulling up into my driveway.

After turning off the engine, I got out of the car and went to get the twins. I wondered how I would do this. I'm not exactly the strongest person in the world, but then I'm not the weakest. Then how would I unlock the front door if I'm carrying two kids? This would be difficult.

***

Luckily, I managed to get us all inside in one piece. I had both twins in my arms. Their faces buried between my neck and shoulder. I took them up to their room and placed them both on the large bed. I went to the temporary dresser and got out two pairs of pajamas. Car pajamas for William and princess pajamas for Jordan.

As softly and as quietly as I could, I undressed the two and redressed them. After that, I put them both under the duvet. They cuddled close together and got comfortable. I could only smile at the adorable site. They loved each other with all of their hearts. No one could ever separate them. They needed each other.

"I promise I'll always keep you two safe. No matter what." I kissed both of their foreheads and went to my own room. I wondered if Jordan would get scared again. Maybe I should get her a night light.

***

I woke up before the kids and took a shower. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to take one while they were awake. Anything could happen that way.

When I got out and got dressed, I went downstairs to start making some breakfast. Eggs, toast, and pancakes.

While cooking, I wondered what we'd do today. Maybe I should ask if Liam wanted to come over to talk about adopting. I'm sure he'd have questions and want to know the process.

"Daddy!" I heard the twins yell. I put the burner on low and went up the stairs.

"Yes, Darlings?" I asked coming in to the room.

"There's a spider!" William yelled and pointed to the wall while Jordan clung on to him.

"Kill it, Daddy!" Jordan said with a shakey voice.

I took off the shoe that I was wearing and started to look around the wall. Indeed there was a spider and it was a big one. I would've been scared too but I'm a dad now. I can't show them I'm afraid. That's not how dads are supposed to be. They're supposed to be fearless.

I got ready and smacked the shoe against the wall. The spider getting crushed. When I removed the shoe,  the spider was dead on the white wall. I crinkled my nose and put my shoe back on.

"Daddy will be right back. I have to clean up the wall, all right?" I told them. They nodded and started to get off of the bed.

I quickly went downstairs and wet a rag. Also flipping over the pancake that luckily didn't burn yet.

When I went back upstairs the kids were pulling clothes out from the drawers. Giggling as William had a pair of his trousers on his head and Jordan was trying to put one of her nightgowns over her pajamas.

"What are you two silly kids doing?" I asked while crouching down to their height.

"I don't tink we're good at putting clothes on, Daddy." William laughed.

"Well, you're right about that." I replied.

***

I had brought the kids downstairs and sat them at the table. They ate their pancakes happily and silently. But that was before William started staring at me.

"What is it, Willy? Don't you like your pancakes?" I asked.

"I do. But, why are you not eating?" He asked innocently. I had a feeling this would happen. I just didn't think so soon.

"I'm just not that hungry right now, Buddy." I replied.

"You should eat, though. Tho you can get big and throng! Like uncle Leem." He tried to make a point by showing off his tiny muscles. He made me smile.

"And like uncle Hawwy." Jordan said softly with a blush.

"You like uncle Harry don't you?" She only blushed deeply. Hiding her face by looking down at her lap.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I had a feeling I already knew who it was. The only person who really knocks is Liam because he forgets that he has a key here.

I walked to the front door and opened it up. Liam smiling.

"Hey, Liam. Come in. The kids are just having some breakfast." I informed him. He nodded and went straight to the kitchen where they were.

"Hey you two!" Liam said when he saw them.

"Uncle Leem!" The twins said in unison.

"So why are you here, Liam?" I asked.

"I just wanted to know if you and the kids wanted to hang out for a bit. Go to a park or something." Liam suggested.

"Daddy! Can we! Can we! Please!" William and Jordan begged.

"Yes. We can. But you have to take baths first. Liam, can you make a basket of food while I take care of them?" I asked.

"Sure." He nodded.

***

 Guys! I'm soooooo sorry! I'm so late with this and and this chapter is probably really short. I'm just running out of ideas because of how slow it's going. But I'm gonna keep trying because I know you guys really like this story. Just maybe give me some suggestions? Put them in the comments or you can message them to me. So yeah. Thanks guys! Love you!

Comment

Vote

Follow

p.s. I know I put a lot of dialog....