Chapter 3 ~ Coffee Goggles

I slid into my car and felt something in my back pocket. It smushed around and conformed to it's surroundings' shapes. I shot my hand into the pocket and retrieved a piece of paper. It read:

                                        Babe, Call me! 555- 2314!

     I instantly remembered Sharon slipping something into my back pocket the night before. Through the pounding in my head, I told myself to call her later and set up a date.

     It was still hard to believe that I had a hot makeout session with a girl as spicy hot as Sharon. I suppose the kitchen part was a little weird but whatever. I wasn't one to be picky about that. Obviously.

   ~*~

     "Hey Adam," Mya greeted me as I stepped into my apartment's lobby. Her light brown hair was put up into a bun and she was makeupless.

     "Hi." I smiled smally.

     "How was the party last night?" she asked me. I stopped in my tracks and eyed her oddly.

     "How'd you know I went to a party?"

     "My mom told me." She looked down briefly to flip a page in her romance novel.

     "Oh," I began, thinking things still didn't make sense, "how was your study date?"

     "Huh?" Her brows furrowed beneath her glasses. Things were getting pretty confusing.

     "Your mom said you were studying with some friends." I reached to take off my scarf, still looking at her.

     "Oh yeah, it was great." She bit her bottom lip. "I learned, um, lots of stuff." I couldn't help but laugh at her awkwardness.

     "Sounds like you're hiding something Mya." I chuckled. Mya looked back down at her book, grinning, her nose scrunched. She looked up and set her book on the counter.

     "Okay, you caught me," she said somewhat sarcastically, throwing her hands into the air. "I just gossiped with friends, highschool style." The corner of her mouth raised, forming a single dimple. I mirrored her smile.

     "I'll see you later Mya." I hopped up the stairs, my feet still thawing.

   ~*~

     My numb fingers pressed the numbers identical to the paper's. A few seconds of ringing led me to the sweet, bubble-gummy voice that chilled me twice as much as the weather.

     "Hello?" she cooed.

     "Um, h-hey Sharon."

     "Who's this?"

     "Adam." I swallowed. What if she didn't remember me?

     "Cameron's friend right?" NONONONONO. She remembered me as Cameron's friend?!?

     "Y-yeah, but remember the kitchen...?"

     "I woke up there, how'd you know?" I could almost see her confused face. I decided just to go out and tell her. "Did you walk in on me sleeping there or something?" Sharon asked ridiculously.

     "We, um, made out there..."

     "Um yeah... I think..." I raised my palm to my forehead in frustration at her stupidity.

      "I was wondering if you wanted to go grab some coffee..." I rubbed my forehead nervously, even through the phone it was hard to talk to a woman sober.