Chapter:11

I saw Rahas trying to do something. As soon as she neared us, Rahas started the car and reversed it in full speed. Suddenly, the fuel tanker showed full. I realized that as soon as we were nearing 5:30 a.m., the place around us was fading, the strength of powers were weakening. We kept her busy around our car like this for another 10 minutes when we finally drove past her. I looked back and saw that she had hung herself and blood was oozing out of her veins. The cipher on her hand got deciphered itself. I had guessed it correct. The last word which I did not get was 5:30 a.m. I saw a piece of paper lying just below her. I asked Rahas to go back there and let me pick it up. He got afraid but somehow managed to go there. I hurriedly picked it up and stuffed it in my bag. I noticed it was a picture. But I didn’t look at it.

The place around us disappeared. We were back on the highway. A signboard came across with ‘toll ahead’ sign. Rahas stopped his car and kissed me. Finally we were safe, we were near Bangalore. We would soon reach there. All this was super exciting, thrilling, haunting and full of experienced. We paid the toll and drove even faster. I noted down all the things that happened in my scrap book. After ever incident, it was becoming more precious for me.

We reached somewhere in Bangalore. In a small town. We had to find a place to live for a couple of days till which Rahas would find a job and I’ll join my internship. If I excel in it, they’d give a flat to live in for 5 years. What else do I need here?

We searched for a hotel and stayed in a small hotel ‘Pearls’. We booked that for two days. We shifted in and I got a call from the office.

Phone files:

“Hello, is this Miss Sheen?”

“Yes, speaking.”

“We called to inform you that joining date has been preponed and you’d have to join in tomorrow.”

“Oh sure. Message me the address. I’ll be there.”

“Ok ma’am.”

                                       ------------x------------

“Rahas! I got a call from the office! They want me to join from tomorrow!”

“Wow that’s so good!”

We partied the whole day and I forgot about the one important thing. My parents. The lady said they weren’t dead. And they were here, in Bangalore. I had to find them. I wanted to meet them. I so wish that I hadn’t had a lonely childhood.

At night, Rahas got a call. After the call was over, I inquired about it.

“An old friend of mine lives here in Bangalore. His dad owns a big multinational company. I didn’t knew anything about it. I had mailed my resume to that company. He read it and called me instantly. And you know what the good news is?”

“What?” I asked impatiently.

“I got the job, my own flat, car and a laptop!”

“Oh my god! That’s the best thing ever happened! And when did they ask you to come and pick them all?”

He smiled broad and said, “Tomorrow!” Now that was exciting. We’d be entering our new lives tomorrow, I was going to live with Rahas and this was all I wanted. But still, there’s only one thing that needed to be fixed. And that was finding my parents.

That night, we slept like sluggers. He was tired of driving and my mind was exhausted by deciphering. All this time had been so difficult for the two of us. Finally this all was over. We were going to start a new life from tomorrow. The life of every other general person. The life, we were forbidden to live till now. Once I get some money in hand, I’ll surely go see a psychologist. I needed one, at least for a month or so. Actually Rahas and I both needed a psychologist after what we went through together.

We both set 8 alarms so we could get up on time. We didn’t wanted to be late at the first day to our work. All the alarms went off together in the morning, but we were so in deep sleep that we didn’t heard either of them. They continued ringing. The people living around us started knocking our door frantically. I was feeling thirsty so I woke up only to find what a noise pollution we were creating! I first turned off the alarms and then answered the door. I apologized for creating so much disturbance. I closed the door and went up straight to Rahas to wake him up. But he didn’t woke up. Finally, I pour a glass of water on him and he woke up.

“What, what’s happening? Where am I? What time is it?”

“You are in hell and you are getting late for your office! Come on get up!”

“Holy crap!” He woke up with a sudden jerk and went straight to the bathroom.

We both got quickly ready and checked out from the hotel. We asked the manager if they could keep our luggage safely somewhere till the evening and they agreed. We went together in a bus.

I got a feeling from the heart

That now my life, was about to start.