Chapter: 3

It was Rahas. He always scares the hell out of me.

“You son of a biscuit!” I said loud and he saw me with great anger mixed with astonishment.

“What do you want?”

“Nothing.” And then, he again disappeared.

Suddenly, my head filled with whispers, it seemed like a cluster of people were talking together. Some wanted justice and some were crying for their lost child. I ran in my room to get rid of them but they didn’t stop. I ran out, far off. I kept up with my pace. I was running like crazy but it didn’t stop. I stopped and sat in the middle of the road. I shouted loud. I didn’t want to but I felt as if someone wanted to enter my body and was controlling it. I suddenly began to cry, loud. I was shouting and crying and running and the whispers were still going on. At last I fainted and then, all blank...

I woke up in a church. The father had a cross in his hands which he immediately kept on my forehead as I opened my eyes. I suddenly shook. Now, I was shaking like crazy, my hair open, my eyes red, my face pale. I saw some black mist exiting my body. What was it?

As it was leaving, it spread some black sand on its way. I was scared, I started crying again and the whispers came back. Father relaxed me and I again fainted.

When I opened my eyes, I was back in my room. I woke up from my bed and saw it was seven in the morning. Was it all a dream? I was wearing the same cloths. Someone knocked my door but this time I wasn’t afraid. I knew it would be Rahas. It was a dream which was going to come true. No, it can’t be, I pray that it should not be. God, please save me.

Somehow, I opened the door and saw it was a postman with a letter for me. He looked at me in horror as my hair was open and I had red eyes as I was crying the whole time in my dream. He was shaking badly.

“Ma’am.. am I-I need you-re sign. He-re.” he stammered a lot while he spoke. I signed on it. He handed me an envelope and hurried his way. It was bright yellow envelope but I didn’t open it. I kept it aside and noted the time on which it came. I took out my scrap book and wrote all about my dream.

I opened the envelope and found a letter in it. The letter had the same handwriting.

It read:

Dear Sheen,

U had that dream right? We made you think that! Sorry for the disturbance but this was nothing in front of what you are going to face now. Don’t you worry dear, we’ll not harm you, a bit, but you won’t even realize it.

Rahas is a nice boy, but, he’ll also face whatever you face. You have no idea what future beholds for you. Just be careful and be fearful.

Yours lovingly,

A dead man.

I dropped that letter. I just don’t know what’s going on? Who can it be? Who is behind all this? No! I won’t be fearful! I don’t fear anyone. Not even you ‘dead man’. I’ll find you and finish you.

But yeah, somewhere inside, I was shaken. The result will be out soon, they are not giving us the vacations this time. Thank god I’ll be leaving Bombay soon. I won’t be getting these messages and letters any more.

I took the envelope and the letter and stuck it on my scrapbook. I wrote all about the fear I got with this. I recorded each and everything because I didn’t want to lose track of it.

God, please save me.

I went to the church and came back after three long hours. The father there was watching me as if he knew each and everything that was happening with me but he didn’t speak a word.

I hope it ends soon.