Chapter: 4

The results are out. I passed it, not only passed, I topped it! They sent me the tickets. The flight is after two days. I told Rahas about it and he was as happy to find it out as I was. I’m glad to have him and I think I am slowly, slowly falling for him.

We went out for shopping as we had to get new cloths for ourselves.

I took a blue one piece and asked him, “How am I looking?”

He smiled and said, “Too beautiful.  I think you should get this one for yourself. It suits you well.”

We shopped all day and ate at the mall. The whole day I was with him, wandering around. The best thing was, when I was with him, I did not get those letters. Those letters just piss me off.

We were just walking back to the orphanage when our eyes got stuck on the big T.V. screen. All the flights which were going to Bangalore in this and the coming week were cancelled as the pilots called for strike. For a second, I thought it was a nightmare. How would I go to my destiny? Rahas looked at me in a very sad way.

“What now?” he asked very low.

“Let’s keep walking. I’ll tell you tomorrow what should be done.”

We walked up to the orphanage, all silent. I knew that the ‘dead man’ was doing it all. He’ll have an answer for this problem. I tried to open my door, but it was jammed. I hit it with stone, I tried opening it with my pin but it was too aggressively locked. I called out the landlady for help.

She gently unlocked it and smiled at me. “You did it too harshly.”

She went away and I found string of letters on my bed. I was horrified. I opened them one by one.

All had one message on them.

‘The flight is cancelled as per my wish. You’ll have to go to Bangalore by highway, bus, train, rickshaws. You’ll experience what is called horror. All the best with your journey. Be fearful

Yours lovingly

A dead man’

What was I supposed to do now?

Mila, my ex-best friend called me up and asked a night out for pajama party. Of course I was going there! How could I say no to her?

I dressed up in my pajamas and went there.

The party was awesome. And finally when we went to bed, something strange happened. My bed was all creepy in the middle. Strangely fluffed up. The sides were soft so I just bumped on it and realized it was hard in the middle. I got hurt in my spine. It was aching like hell. Now what would I do?

Somehow I managed and slept. As soon as I closed my eyes a man flashed across me. He took my hand and led me though a dark hallway into a scary world. Everyone tried to hurt me. Three ghosts were running after me and when finally the end of the hallway came, that guy disappeared, leaving me in this scary lonely, but full of ghosts, hallway! I stood up and saw that I was crying. I walked out of the room and went home. I was having chills and my body was aching. I finally reached my orphanage and slept there.

Now I am awake, and I have to book the tickets.