Chapter 5

It was the day before Christmas and as customary in the Smith-Payne house, Liam wore the ugly, knitted jersey Sophia had bought for him four years ago. The thing was an eyesore with its red and green bobbles, droopy reindeers, and too long sleeves. When the festive season came around Sophia never failed to haul the jersey out and parade it like it was some prized family heirloom.

She was currently behind him, her hands covering his eyes as she led him to the big 'Christmas Surprise!' she had been chattering about since that morning before declaring five minutes ago that she just could not wait another day to show it to him. But to make it extra special, she wanted to unveil his gift to him, so now he was blinded by her palms and being guided to said surprise. He stumbled on something, cursing under his breath when a sharp pain ran up his leg.

"Sorry," she said behind him. "I didn't see that chair. Go a bit more right." He went right and allowed her to guide him forward. "And...stop." He stood still, waiting. "I'm going to remove my hands. Promise you won't peek."

"Okay."

"No, I want you to say it."

If Liam could, he would roll his eyes. "I promise not to peek." Sophia removed her hands and Liam kept his eyes shut.

"I know we haven't discussed this, but I figured it's something you mustn't think too much about." She held onto his arms. "You can open your eyes now." He blinked his eyes open and found himself looking at the fireplace.

"What am I looking at?" he asked.

"On the mantel." Sophia's voice was pitched with barely restrained excitement. Liam glanced at the fireplace mantel. There was a Christmas stocking with his name embroidered onto it, next to it was one with Sophia's name, and then another smaller, child-sized stocking. 'Baby Smith-Payne', the pink and blue letters on it read. His stomach lurched. He was going to bend over and heave the entire contents of his stomach. He could already taste the bitter bile of his half-digested breakfast as it crawled up his oesophagus. He swallowed down thick saliva.

"You're..." Liam's mouth felt dry, his tongue thick and heavy, reminding him of days long past, when his favourite pastime was sucking Louis' dick. He'd go at it for hours, getting good and drunk on teenage cock. His favourite manner of performing oral sex on Louis was to have him naked on his back. Liam would spread his hand on Louis' lower stomach and press him down, feeling the softness of Louis' belly that contrasted the straining erection that Liam held with his other hand.

He'd swallow Louis down, working his mouth on Louis' cock until Louis was coming down his throat. Liam wouldn't let up once Louis' orgasm subsided, not even when Louis would thrash around the bed, pleading for him to stop. Liam would keep on sucking, getting Louis hard again despite his own fatigue. He would keep at it because he knew he could still wring out another orgasm from Louis. Now his tongue was heavy and stupid as it was back then and he couldn't articulate a single sound as images of Louis, fifteen and wrecked, flooded his brain.

"Pregnant?" Sophia offered, her voice teasing, and Liam never wanted to throttle her more than he did in that moment.

He didn't want children. This had been one of the few things that they had agreed on before they got married. He didn't feel the need to populate the world with little copies of himself. Years earlier, Sophia had said she wasn't the mothering type. They'd even scheduled a trip to a specialist for him to have a vasectomy, but the stupid, stupid doctor had told him that at twenty-two years of age, he and Sophia were too young and that they should return in a few years. They'd left his office saying that they would. Why hadn't he made that follow-up visit?