four

The boys did not take her message well.

"Remus!" The three boys had whined in unison.

"What d'you mean stay away from her!" Sirius hissed at Remus, trying to stay quiet. "She's the most interesting person in the grade!"

"You know what happened to Susan Slopper last year," Remus said, a warning tone in his voice. Ophelia could feel her cheeks heating up, whether from embarrassment or from the fact that Remus Lupin was doing what she asked. She stuck her nose further into the book to conceal her blush.

"But Moony!" James whined. "It's only a bit of fun! I just want to get to know her!" Remus audibly rolled his eyes.

"So ne it. On your own head it is, Prongs," Remus sighed in defeat. The three boys started to high five and whoop. Ophelia shut her book and walked over to them.

"You play a dangerous game," she said, her face blank. "Thank you for passing the message along, no matter how useless it may be. Friends?" She shakily extended her hand towards Remus Lupin, the boy of her dreams. He accepted with a smile.

"Friends."

She turned to the other three. "I suppose, since you refuse to leave me alone," she said exasperatedly, "that we can be friends too." They all started high-fiving each other as Remus shook his head slowly. She sat down next to Sirius.

"Ophelia....?" Sirius asked, prompting her for more. She flashed a dangerous smile.

"Edwards. It's Edwards," she replied, the dangerous smile still on her face.
"Now of you'll excuse me, I've got somewhere to be." A teasing smile on her face, she grasped her book tightly and left, walking briskly to her after dinner sessions with Dumbledore. She couldn't afford to be late anymore, because she was growing more dangerous by the second.

"Acid Pops!" She huffed our as she reached the gargoyle. It slowly spun open and Ophelia raced up the stairs before knocking daintily.

"Come in," sounded Dumbledore's voice from within. She opened the door and shut it in one swift motion before sitting in the chair across from Dumbledore.

"How are you, Ophelia?" Dumbledore asked, a kind smile on his face. Ophelia returned the favor.

"Rather well. I've gotten better at controlling my emotions," Ophelia replied pleasantly, as if this was just tea talk.

"And I heard that you and Mr. Lupin have become friends?" Dumbledore asked. Ophelia nodded her head. She internally sighed; her headmaster was  particularly adept at matchmaking, and she wouldn't  be surprised if he was pushing Remus towards her.

"As well as with the rest of that group, sir," she replied.

"Good," He said nodding. "Friends will be good for you." There was a moment of silence before he addressed the real reason that Ophelia was there. "I have found no new information on the curse," he sighed heavily and Ophelia looked down.

"Neither have I. Part of me is beginning to think that Dolohov made it up himself," Ophelia sighed.

"Antonin was never the smartest, but he was a bright young student," Dumbledore said. "He could have come up with it, perhaps with help from Voldemort." Ophelia didn't flinch, but she sighed heavily.

"And the prophecy?" Ophelia asked, biting her lip. Dumbledore sighed heavily.

"My sources tell me that he has been informed of the prophecy and will stop at nothing to get you. But I can assure you, Ophelia, that you will be safe at Hogwarts," Dumbledore said to her, placing his hands on hers. Ophelia shut her eyes and recited the prophecy.

"Cursed like no other, bound to no chains, she will be the one who bears the weapon to destroy all other weapons. She will be the one to break  the chains that cannot bind her and bring peace, one way or another, to the Earth. Born on the seventh of May, she will save the tow that she loves, even at cost to herself. She is cursed like no other, and bound to no chains," Ophelia finished and opened her eyes. "You are positive that it's me?"

"I'm sure, Ophelia. You are the only one that I know of to have this curse, and you were born on May 7th," Dumbledore said, smiling at her in a grim manner. "Do not fret. You will have a part to play in the coming war, but you have a few years of peace remaining. Enjoy them."

"I can never truly be at peace," Ophelia said, her tone bitter, her face devoid of any emotion. "Goodnight, Professor."

"Goodnight, Ophelia. I will see you next week," Dumbledore said as Ophelia grabbed her book and left.

She was the weapon, capable of great harm in the wrong hands. She couldn't control herself when she got angry, and the curse that she was bound to made her lash out violently. There was no happily ever after for Ophelia Edwards. No matter how much her heart longed for Remus, there would be no happy ending. But, she would still enjoy it while it lasted.