two

"Hey, Moony!" James called out to Remus. Ophelia turned her eyes back to the page, but her ears were alert. Information was easy enough to pick up when you were quiet, as people tended to think that you couldn't hear them. "Sit down, we need to come up with a plan for the dare!" Ophelia turned the page, but was no longer interested in the book that she had been reading. Half of the dares in the school involved her, and it amused her slightly.

"She's sitting right there, James, you idiot!" Remus said. Ophelia could almost hear his eyes roll. She let her long, mousey brown hair fall in her face as to hide her true intentions.

"She's reading," James shrugged. "Besides, I doubt she would ever pay attention to us." Ophelia let a small smile slip onto her face from the end of the table. It was only a fraction of as second through, as her face became her typical blank stare once again.

"Fine, what do you want me to do?" Remus sighed, troubled.

"Sirius?" James asked.

"I dunno," Sirius shrugged. "Go and introduce yourself, I guess. She's scary, mate, just going over there should be enough." Ophelia put her mask of blankness back on and she turned the page.

"Talk to her for at least five minutes, Remus," James said. "And then you can come back. Get us some good information."

"Ah, our little Moony. A spy going behind enemy lines," Sirius smiled.

"Don't compare this to World War II, Sirius," Remus rolled his eyes.

"What?" Sirius asked, clearly in the dark. Remus shook his head out of the corner of Ophelia's eye, standing up and walking towards her.

Breathe, Lia. He's only a boy, no matter how much you admire him, Ophelia thought to herself, shutting her book with a satisfying slam and gently placed it back down on the table. She decided to removed her thick glasses and clean them as to seem inconspicuous. He sat down in front of her, and she slid the thick, black circular glasses onto her face again.

"Erm... Hi?" His introduction seemed more like a question than a statement.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" Ophelia quoted softly, inspecting her hands rather than looking at the boy in front of her.

"What?" He asked. She looked up at him. Rems Lupin was good at reading people, but he saw nothing in her eyes, only the dark, opalescence of her navy blue eyes. There wasn't kindness or hatred in her eyes, nor pain or suffering. Just Ophelia.

"It's an Albert Einstein quote," Ophelia said. She had a fondness for quotes, and used them as a shield when she didn't know what to say. Remus let out a little ah of understanding.

"I'm Remus Lupin," he said, sitting down. Instinctually, she retracted slightly.

"I know," she said, staring deep into his eyes. "And I know you know who I am."

"You do?" He asked, starting slightly. The shadow of a smile passed over her face.

"I listen. I know how people talk about me like I can't hear," she said, her face not showing despair or anger, just the tiniest of smirks. She leaned across the table. "James was wrong. I wasn't reading." The smirk grew and she leaned in even closer to Remus. "I was eavesdropping." He chuckled.

"You play an interesting game, Miss..." Remus paused.

"Edwards. Ophelia Edwards," she smiled, but it had a certain plasticity to it, as if she was just adapting to the environment rather than being genuine.

"Edwards. Nice," he said.

"I'll see you around, Lupin," She said, opening her book back up again.

"Are you going to read or just listen?" He asked.

"I'll see you around," she repeated, turning the page and not looking up.

"Bye, Edwards," Remus stood up and left to go back to his friends. She watched him sit down from the corner of her eye, and let her hair cover her face to conceal the blush. Remus Lupin, talking to her, Ophelia Anne Edwards! She shook her head slightly. She couldn't let a school girl crush get in her way. She had something that she was here for, not just staring after undeniably attractive boys.

"Moony! I can't believe you did it! What's she like?" Sirius spit out with rapid fire, like an excited child in a candy store. "I can't believe you could squeeze any conversation out of her!"

"You know, Black," Ophelia said, standing right behind him all of a sudden. "Reality is just an illusion. So don't trust everything you see. But I guess I'll throw a dog a bone." She smirked like she had just made such a funny joke. "I'm not the person you think I am... but I guess you've never taken the time to figure that out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a letter to send."

The whole section of the table stared after the stereotypical book nerd in awe as she walked out of the Great Hall, her nose in her book yet again, her face empty of emotion. She did, indeed, have a letter to send. It was high time she sent a letter to her brother.