Chapter 5

Me on my wedding day: u still like me right?

>>>>>

After entering the posh-looking and clean bathroom. I then stared at myself in the mirror just thinking about the events of today and how I ended up here.

It was supposed to be an ordinary day where I finish my shift at work and then arrive home. Change into some comfy pajamas and binge on ice cream while watching my favorite series, the game of thrones and Vampire diaries.

Instead, I was stuck here in some fancy restaurant with an annoying handsome billionaire guy. It was then my insecurities started rearing their heads.

What could Jake find attractive about me? I was just a plain ordinary girl with long raven black hair and boring green eyes whereas he was a billionaire whom I'm sure has seen his own share of gorgeous models.

The only thing extraordinary about me was my unseen powers. I knew from experience that once Jake found out about them, being a human he would call me a freak. After all a man from my past, whom I thought loved me had done the same.

I then looked up and saw a window. oh, how easy it would be to just ditch Jake, shift into a small bird, and fly away. At least my heart would be safe from any risk of heartbreak but what surprisingly hurt was the thought of never seeing Jake ever again.

Suddenly my phone ringed playing What is love by Jennifer Lopez, I let the old ringtone play a bit longer because it spoke to me.

However, the words "I wanna be somebody's girl." from the song caught my attention making me think maybe I should give Jake a chance. I was tired of being lonely. All those lonely nights by myself.

But it had only been one day.

Was he truly the one, my very own prince charming? Would he accept me for who I am?

I don't know how long I stayed thinking like that until I realized my phone was still ringing only to find it's my best friend Stacy.

Always on cue, I hate witches. Yep apparently my best friend was a witch. Witches could live forever, read and communicate with minds, see the future, and do all sorts of witchy stuff.

She screamed on the phone from excitement like a crazy child then finally shouted in a high pitched squeaky voice,

"Sonia some little birdie told me that you went on a date with some hot guy." By little birdie, I knew she meant the nurse gossipers at work.

"Stacy I'm not on a date and it's just a thank you dinner." I start protesting but she did not listen to me and continued

"Oooh, I need a picture of him now." She said in a voice that did not take no as an answer.

I was still annoyed by Jake so I simply told her "No." then she started blackmailing me saying that if I do not send any picture she was going to take one of my embarrassing pictures and post it on Facebook.

This got my attention making me finally agree.

"What some friend I have!" I thought to myself but at least she had forgiven me for earlier.

I knew the reason she wanted the picture was so that she could use her witch powers to find everything about the guy. She was very protective of me and always wanted to make sure I was safe and in no danger.

But how was I going to get a picture from Jake, after all, I was still angry with him. Maybe I could just take it when he was not looking, with that thought I went back to the dreaded room.

I entered the room while holding my phone and found Jake chatting with a new waiter as he placed two glasses of red wine on our table. There were talking in a language I was unfamiliar with.

This new waiter also had paler skin like Jake and there seemed to be a bond of familiarity between them. As they noticed me, they stopped talking immediately making me a bit suspicious that they might have been talking about me and the waiter quickly left the room.

I could feel Jake's gaze now on me but I did not want to end up kissing him so I avoided his lips at all cost. I then quickly pointed my phone at him and snapped a quick photo as he stood there looking handsome.

However, it flashed as I took the picture causing Jake to notice and look at me in confusion as to why I had just taken a photo of him out of nowhere.

"I um...took the photo because my friend wants me to send her a picture of you." I then confessed while blushing madly. I decided better to tell the truth.

'Oh...I see. I hope you took a good one." Jake then said with a playful smirk now gracing his face as he handed me a glass of red wine.

I rarely drank alcohol but red wine I could try.

However, I wondered why his glass had a darker red than mine after he handed me my own. The darker red actually looked familiar to the blood which I saw every day as a doctor. I then shook my head chuckling at my own silliness. I mean why would Jake drink blood. That would be really crazy.

Jake then held out his glass for a cheer after I had taken some sips of this bittersweet wine.

"What for?" I asked him curiously. After all what was there to celebrate about.

"Cheers to this moment right here...me being here with the love of my life and my Soulmate." He then replied while staring at me Intensely.

Upon hearing his words, I almost choked on my drink and was looking at him in shock.

I mean what the hell! We had only just met today and now he was telling me that. It was too soon.

But before I could tell him he was crazy, my body suddenly started feeling powerless and my eyes started dropping in tiredness. I realized too late that he had drugged me!

The drink in my hand fell, making a splashing noise on the floor as my whole body suddenly stopped functioning and I fell into Jake's arms.

Then everything forcibly went blank and I drifted into darkness...