Chapter 4

@RandomThoughts: I was on FaceTime with a guy and I said, God if he is not the one, send me a sign. My phone died at 84% Battery...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After being led to a car that cost the same amount as a mansion, before I could open the car door Jake quickly opened it for me. While doing so, he flashed me an angelic grin that almost made my legs feel all jelly.

"What gentlemen or maybe he was just trying to prevent me from putting a dirty little spot on his precious expensive car." I thought to myself. It's not like I was jealous of his car or anything...Alright, maybe a little.

After I thought that I noticed him with a smirk on his face like he was trying to suppress a laugh. Maybe I had said that aloud but I'm pretty sure I had not.

Even though I was a surgeon, I lived a simple life really, preferring to send all my income to my birth family through anonymous letters.

Like just last month, I had posted my now 100-year-old brother Phillip a large sum of money. Our parents had died and he was now the only immediate family that I had left with his new grandkids on the way.

I still kept tabs on them.

On the ride, we were both quiet so I looked at him for permission to turn his precious radio on. He nodded so I started listening to one of my favorite stations and could not resist singing in tune with some of the songs.

"You have a nice voice." he suddenly said to me. I just replied "thanks" while a small smile formed on my face as he was the first person to tell me I have a nice voice. I guess it was because I had never actually sung in front of any person.

Something about Jake just made me comfortable to be myself.

"So where are we going?" I then asked him.

"To the golden cuisine restaurant just around the corner," he replied casually.

"Hmm, I've never heard of it but oh well there is a first time for everything," I replied back.

Just as we arrived he opened the car door for me to get out.

There was a long line of people waiting to get into the restaurant but just as I was about to enter the line Jake gently pulled my hand and led me straight to the door.

When he touched my hand, I swear I had felt electricity surging through my body causing me to experience a hot fiery feeling and all tingly inside.

"Why was this stranger making me feel like this?" I thought to myself.

I looked towards the door Jake was leading me and I had to rub my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly as the door looked like it was made of pure Gold.

I did not even know that a place like this existed.

There was a big and strong bouncer in front of the door who looked really scary and surprisingly he did not stop us from going in. The restaurant looked expensive and the walls were also painted in gold. All the customers were dressed in expensive clothes and jewelry making me feel like a bugger among Royalty.

Even the waiters were dressed better than me, after all, I was just wearing casual clothes, a pink blouse, black jacket, my blue jeans, and sneakers. I guess you could say I was not a fashionista but I really did not have time for dressing up.

I just wore what I felt comfortable in. In my own defense, I had thought I was going home after work, to chill and watch netflix, not to some elegant golden cuisine restaurant.