Home is Half Way Sweet

Chapter 3

I'm gonna make this place my home ~ Philip Philips

That afternoon I arrived home after having a meek day. It wasn't outstandingly eventful but interesting enough to make me wonder about tomorrow. Less then five minutes into the door a nagging began. " Diana did you remember to wash the dishes before you left this morning ?" "Hi to you too Mom , " I boasted sarcastically. Just like every other day .... umm how do I put this lightly she was being a premium bitch. I slammed the door behind me and allowed my bookbag to be dragged on the floor. As soon as I stepped foot inside my house it was like all my energy was sucked away. The cause of this change of mood was definitely my mother. In her eyes it's like I could never do anything right. To rely on her for moral support was like thinking ICloud was an actual cloud. Like a child believing the sky was actually blue but in all honesty it's a reflection of the ocean. I didn't blame her all the time though. I was positively sure she just took out the anger on me that she never got to release on my father for leaving us. I flipped up the middle finger when I was sure she didn't notice and scurried on to my room. Dodging more verbal abuse I locked my door. This thing about me being a typical teen is sure coming back to bite me in the ass. I did what practically every person between the age of 13-18 does I pulled out my phone. The way this generation is looking though 8 years old are having phones also. That's great , we are creating more reclusive self entitled lazy morons. Commencing my cliche act I dialed a number I had memorized by heart.

" Hey gurllll !" Oh was that the sound of heaven opening up. A familiar voice that could put a smile on my face at any moment. "Give me a second let me get Carter on!" "What's up beautiful ?"

Now my day was complete . I was on a three call with my life lines. Carter Adlib and Red Jenkins are the ones that bring joy in my life. Red a teenage girl who didn't take shit from anyone. Her brain was her asset but she had a body to match. A pun well put because her favorite color is Red. Something Red was always on Red. Now Carter is the only guy that I trusted with my life . He's one of those guys that you knowingly put in the friendzone because you know your just not good enough for them . We chatted up a storm about the first day of school. Let's be clear we were all at different schools. Red goes to "Free" that's the nickname the actual name escapes me. Carter goes to Highland Grove High and all our high schools were rivals. " De you know I can't find not one girl as gorgeous as you here " cooed Carter. " Well I'm sure you weren't looking hard enough Car ," I retorted.

" vroom vroom !" Mimicked Red which is the sound she makes every time I use my nickname for Carter. " when you guys finally get together I'll say I told you so and probably get a sky writer to say it to" this is basically how all our conversations go but

I can never get tired of my babies .

" Let me In !" Screamed a voice so pest like. Ugh the bug is back I have to go guys. I quickly hung up and slowly removed myself from the comfortable position I had acquired on my bed. Why oh why did I have to have a little rascal for a sister. Un latching my door I came to find my mother peeved beyond return and Nicole the bug. Why oh why do I not just keep my door locked.