Happily Ever After

Authors Note: I would like to take the time to thank each one of you who have read this. It means the world to me that this story was as successful as it has been. With that said this is the finale chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it. I am thinking about writing a Prince William one but not sure. Let me know if you guys would be interested in reading that. Thank you again for reading this story. Enjoy.

One Month Later
I sit in the back of a black Lexus, Harry next to me. I smooth out the skirt of my maroon red fit and flare dress. Then brush any kind of lint off my navy blue a-line pea coat. I try and still my rapidly beating heart. God this is nerve racking. I lean down and make sure there is no dirt or anything on my black knee high boots.

"Babe stop you look fine." Harry says next to me. I look over at him. He's wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a navy sweater over a white button down. A black pea coat over that.

"Of course you will say that. Your suppose to." Harry chuckles.

"You always look beautiful Vicky." He leans over and kisses my cheek. I look out the window and watch as we drive futhure into the city of Edinburgh Scotland. My nerves going wilder the closer we get to Edinburgh Castle. This morning the Palace released a statement that I am to accompany Harry on his engagement to Edinburgh Scotland. Officially announcing our relationship to the public. I have moved into Harry's
Kensington cottage without anyone in the press or public finding out. So up till this morning no one knew of our relationship. The public took the news of Meghan and Harry's breakup pretty well. I mean I guess as well as they took his others. The America's are making a bigger deal. I guess they really wanted a American Princess. Harry and I decided not to watch the news or listen to the radio. Well it was more like my idea. I don't want to know what the public thinks till we arrive at Edinburgh. If I find out its negative I will bail out of this engagement and I can't do that to Harry. This is my life now. There will come a day where I will be a full time Royal. No Harry hasn't popped the question yet but one day he will and I would like to be as prepared for Royal life as much I can be, before. Which is why with the permission from the Queen, we have went against all Royal protocol to get me more adapt to the press and the hectic Royal schedule. We drive up to the Castle and when we stop at the entrance I see all the press, I take a deep breath. The car comes to a stop and Harry's private security gets out of the front passenger seat. Harry leans over and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

"Your be fine. I will be with you every step. I love you no matter what." Harry says and that's when his side door opens. Harry steps out and flashes of camera's start. After a few seconds Harry's hand appears in the car. Well now or never I guess. I place my hand in his and step out of the car. The moment I step out I am almost blinded by the camera flashes but my eyes adjust quickly. The press is calling my name asking me to look this way and that. There is applause from the crowd and yells of it's about time. Harry's hand takes mine and we step forward greeting the man that will give us a tour of Edinburgh Castle. When we are done there we greet the people who have waited to see us. I get a great sense of acceptance from the people. Each greeting me with smiling faces and words of love. Some even saying they have been waiting years for us to get together. The press pretty much the same. Royal photographer Arthur Edwards whom has known Harry his whole life and there for mine greets us with words of love and a hug. Its later in the car that Harry and I learn just how much the public is happy for us. Only a small marjority have negative things to say.

Three Month's Later
It was early in the day when I got a text from Harry saying that after work I was not to come straight home. Instead meet him at my Parents cottage in Alfriston, East Sussex. My mind wonders to if this was the day. If this was the day Harry would ask me to marry him. The day my life would change forever. Then again there has been plenty of times in the last four months that I thought Harry would ask and turned out I was wrong. It was a few hours after that text that my parents called me and asked if Harry has told me to meet him at the cottage. Turns out just dinner with my parents, Charles and Camilla. See wrong again. I pull up to the cottage and notice that my Parents car isn't in the driveway nor is Charles and Camilla's usual Royal standard Lexus. Odd I know I am on time. In fact ten minutes early. Maybe that's why because I am early. I park my car, get out and walk up to the front door. Unlocking the door and walking in the sight before me takes my breath away. The whole living room is lite by lavender scented candles and vases of lavender flowers adore every table. Closing and locking the door behind me, I sit my purse and keys down by the door. I look on the table next to the sofa to see a note. I pick it up and smile at Harry's hand writing.